Official iPhone Software Update 1.1.3 Discussion

lilgoob22

Jan 16, 2008
need help

tried to update and it says unknown error (1602). only thing i have done to it is iPhoneringtonemaker. i still have 1.0... please help.

Thanks in advance,

lilgoob22

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
tried to update and it says unknown error (1602). only thing i have done to it is iPhoneringtonemaker. i still have 1.0... please help.

Thanks in advance,

lilgoob22

dock the phone again and hit either the update again, if it says you are at 1.1.3 then do a restore and it will be good to go this time. I have answered this about 6 ti,es this morning.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 2:49 AM
Subject: Apple's latest iPhone software breaks iPhoneRingToneMaker

Apple has released iPhone 1.1.3, and it breaks iPhoneRingToneMaker. As a result, if you upgrade to iPhone 1.1.3, all your custom ringtones may be wiped off, and you will not be able to add new ringtones.

Apple has broken iPhoneRingToneMaker before, and we successfuly modified our product to make it compatible with those updates. Will do our best to get iPhoneRingToneMaker working with this latest update, and will let you know when a fix is found.

Sincerely,
iPhoneRingToneMaker Support
OJ, I'm not quite the pessimist you are, I bet they have a fix within a week. ;)

It's a bet. One week from when you said so. If you're right, I'll make a public aploogy here to you and lay off this app. If I'm right, you make your apology to me.....Ok?

mickyinlv

Dec 2, 2007
I have a quick question. I downloaded the new version of iTunes yesterday and then went to plug my phone in. It gets about half way down downloading the update and then it says "network has timed out, please check your connection or try again later"? I have DSL so I am REALLY confused. Can someone help me?

Thanks

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I have a quick question. I downloaded the new version of iTunes yesterday and then went to plug my phone in. It gets about half way down downloading the update and then it says "network has timed out, please check your connection or try again later"? I have DSL so I am REALLY confused. Can someone help me?

Thanks

Just do the iTunes update again, reboot, then dock the phone and do the phone again, it will work.

mickyinlv

Dec 2, 2007
Thank you and pardon my ignorance here but when I went to iTunes it says I have the latest version, how exactly do I do the update over? Thank you so much!

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
Thank you and pardon my ignorance here but when I went to iTunes it says I have the latest version, how exactly do I do the update over? Thank you so much!
There should be a check for update option in one of the menus you can select

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
And that latest version is what? if it is 1.1.3 you are fine, you have it. And you have no problems?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
It's a bet. One week from when you said so. If you're right, I'll make a public aploogy here to you and lay off this app. If I'm right, you make your apology to me.....Ok?
I will take that bet too. I was one of the suckers to buy this program. After 1.1.2 it took about a month to fix. Just use the method on this forum. It is easy to do and so far has worked with the last 2 updates.

sammyb

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
New York
I will take that bet too. I was one of the suckers to buy this program. After 1.1.2 it took about a month to fix. Just use the method on this forum. It is easy to do and so far has worked with the last 2 updates.
I tried that but it only let's me do one if I tried to send a second it just makes a copy of the first

almarlimjr

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
Wow

I don't know if this has been mention but when I added EIC to my homescreen it made a very nice icon. Can anyone explain how this happened and are there any other sites where this happens?

Flyingstar

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
So. Cal
OK, I downloaded the software (iTunes) but when It is done it says: "iPhone could not be updated, AN unknown error has occurred" ? (2nd try) PC...

AWY

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
California
Hmmm . . . Since yesterday evening, I have been trying to update to 1.1.3. In attempting to either update or access the iTunes store, I am still getting the following messages:

"iTunes could not connect to the iTunes store. The network connection timed out."

or

"The iPhone software update server could not be contacted."

In either case, both of the above were followed by, " Make sure your network settings are correct and your network connection is active, then try again.

I thought that by now, it would be easier to update. Are any of you still encountering this message?

bloodbath18

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Hmmm . . . Since yesterday evening, I have been trying to update to 1.1.3. In attempting to either update or access the iTunes store, I am still getting the following messages:

"iTunes could not connect to the iTunes store. The network connection timed out."

or

"The iPhone software update server could not be contacted."

In either case, both of the above were followed by, " Make sure your network settings are correct and your network connection is active, then try again.

I thought that by now, it would be easier to update. Are any of you still encountering this message?
Is your iPhone j/b?