Official iPhone Software Update 1.1.3 Discussion

Flyingstar

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
So. Cal
Could it BE any MORE disapointing?

It seems like a bunch of not so important stuff while the real faults/lacks of the phone go un fixed...Just my opinion.

mickyinlv

Dec 2, 2007
And that latest version is what? if it is 1.1.3 you are fine, you have it. And you have no problems?

I have the current version of iTunes, 7.6 but it won't allow me to download the update for the iPhone. When I go to menu and "check updates" it tells me I have the current version (iTunes). But when I plug in the iPhone and it says do I want to download etc I say yes and minutes later I get the "error" that "the network connection isn't working, etc". Should I go to the Apple website and just re-download it? I am so frustrated! But thanks for your help!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I don't know if this has been mention but when I added EIC to my homescreen it made a very nice icon. Can anyone explain how this happened and are there any other sites where this happens?
Apparently it's something the site administrator can place in the root folder of the site. Kudos to chris for picking up on this technique so quickly for his members... Nice work!

hiker

Oct 8, 2007
Ringtone

I finally found THE ringtone thanks to akophone "Cell Phone Ringing". iPhone updates have both disabled and enabled the ability to use this ringtone without hacking. Do you know if the new version disables this again? Thanks.

hiker

Oct 8, 2007
With software version 1.1.2, I created custom ringtones for my iPhone. I took an MP3 clip, converted to AAC, deleted both from my iTunes library, changed the extension of the file to .m4r and then added it back to my library so it was recognized as a ringtone. I synched these ringtones to my iPhone.

If someone has done this and then upgrades from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3, can you please let us know if these custom ringtones are still there or if this has been "fixed." I am on the fence about upgrading to 1.1.3 if we can no longer do this.
Same here. Have your searched and found anything else. I used the rename trick because I refuse to hack my phone. I now have the one and only ringtone I care about and would like to keep it. Thanks, --Ed

hiker

Oct 8, 2007
The ringtones stick around if you upgrade to iTunes 7.6 and work with 1.1.3 firmware so no worries about losing the ringtones.
iTunes 7.6.0.29, iPhone 1.1.2 to be upgraded to 1.1.3 when sync'ed with iTunes. --Ed

hiker

Oct 8, 2007
My fav ringtone was erased by the 1.1.3 upgrade but the renaming still works (thanks Apple) so its back again. However, I crashed my iPhone and had to do a factory restore then upload my backup. This appears to have happened due to upgrading over a wireless connection. --Ed
:p

abian2

Dec 13, 2007
With software version 1.1.2, I created custom ringtones for my iPhone. I took an MP3 clip, converted to AAC, deleted both from my iTunes library, changed the extension of the file to .m4r and then added it back to my library so it was recognized as a ringtone. I synched these ringtones to my iPhone.

If someone has done this and then upgrades from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3, can you please let us know if these custom ringtones are still there or if this has been "fixed." I am on the fence about upgrading to 1.1.3 if we can no longer do this.
The ring tones you made before the upgrade will still be there. I have not tried the same method to make new ring tones on 1.1.3, so I have no clues on that, but for sure the ringtones in the phone remains.

hiker

Oct 8, 2007
The ring tones you made before the upgrade will still be there. I have not tried the same method to make new ring tones on 1.1.3, so I have no clues on that, but for sure the ringtones in the phone remains.
Actually, the upgrade did delete the ringtone but the capability to create it remained. So it was a simple task to put it back. --Ed

Flyingstar

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
So. Cal
the ONE thing that is missing that would have been REALLY useful is the ability to send and receive MMS! I need this feature for my work. My cheap Samsung (three phones ago even had this. Why is it so difficult for the iPhone to be able to do this? GRRRRRRRR!

hexonxonx

Silver
the ONE thing that is missing that would have been REALLY useful is the ability to send and receive MMS! I need this feature for my work. My cheap Samsung (three phones ago even had this. Why is it so difficult for the iPhone to be able to do this? GRRRRRRRR!
Because Apple is different. It's very possible that they won't ever add this on their own because they know it is possible to email photos via email on the iPhone. We haven't seen it in 6 months in.

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
Lol yeh we all want this, im hoping for this in 1.1.4 :)

Oscar33

Jan 18, 2008
K my question to you all is what week was the 1.1.3 update released?

Because Tomorrow im goin to the states to get an iPhone and i would like to pick up a 1.1.2 which i know is from week 45 but i don't know what week it changed to 1.1.3 can anyone help?

Flyingstar

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
So. Cal
This week!

This week...................
K my question to you all is what week was the 1.1.3 update released?

Because Tomorrow im goin to the states to get an iPhone and i would like to pick up a 1.1.2 which i know is from week 45 but i don't know what week it changed to 1.1.3 can anyone help?