Official iPhone Software Update 1.1.3 Discussion

iphonedaz

Jan 25, 2008
Hi
Thanks for the reposted link.... But .....

when I ckick on the link above (here you go) it just opens a new page but I don't see any details, just a blank grey page......

aarrrgghhh... can someone help me out

iphonedaz

Jan 25, 2008
Yup

I did try that one, 2.0.1 and it does not support 1.1.3....

I guess I will just have to wait for an official release and not the beta...

Thanks everyone who has tried to help....

Daz

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Yup

I did try that one, 2.0.1 and it does not support 1.1.3....

I guess I will just have to wait for an official release and not the beta...

Thanks everyone who has tried to help....

Daz
If you don't have ringtone maker at all, you need to buy what is offered then you can download the upgrade which will work with 1.1.3. Ver. 2.1 won't be out to buy until after the beta update is official.

iphonedaz

Jan 25, 2008
I have bought it, about 3 weeks ago when I had 1.1.2 on my iPhone. But then I upgraded to 1.1.3 before I realosed it would brake ringtomemaker...

The latest iPhoneringtonemaker I have downloaded is 2.0.4 but this doesn't support 1.1.3. it transfers the tones to the phone, but they wont play..

Is there another upgrade I have missed that does?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I have bought it, about 3 weeks ago when I had 1.1.2 on my iPhone. But then I upgraded to 1.1.3 before I realosed it would brake ringtomemaker...

The latest iPhoneringtonemaker I have downloaded is 2.0.4 but this doesn't support 1.1.3. it transfers the tones to the phone, but they wont play..

Is there another upgrade I have missed that does?
Open ringtonemaker. Go to settings the click on check for update. This should get you back in businesss. You can also go to the website and click on iPhone/iTunes supported. From there scroll down and click on learn more here. From that page you can also download the latest update that will work with 1.1.3. You also should have iTunes 7.6 if you don't already.

iphonedaz

Jan 25, 2008
Hi again

thanks for the response....

I have the latest version 2.0.4

I don't see a link for iPhones/tunes supported on th emain product page, and it seems that every other page I go to I just get a blank grey page.... The only page I can see on efksoft is the download page

http://www.efksoft.com/products/iPhoneringtonemaker/index.htm

this is really frustrating as others are saying they have an upgrade that works on 1.1.3. I do have iTunes 7.6 by the way...

iphonedaz

Jan 25, 2008
Ahhh, so it appears I cannot see the page in full, all I see here is the download trial...

I used another pc and I saw the upgrade, downloaded it and all is now well..

Thanks to everyone for your patience.... Now to find out why my pc will not show all the pages on efksoft pages? any tips? I have security set to LOW and cookies enabled etc etc... hmmm strange...

Thank you again to all

Back in businesss with my ringtones remade and working fine..

eleventeen

Jan 27, 2008
To upgrade or not to upgrade ?

Hi
I have jailbroken 1.1.2 phone using with turbo SIM, with some apps installed..
will i lose all applications if i upgrade to 1.1.3 ?
If yes.. would i be able to re-install them ?
Would turbo SIM still work after upgrading?

the golden question --- is there a jailbreak for 1.1.3 ?

thanks

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Hi
I have jailbroken 1.1.2 phone, with some apps installed..
will i lose all applications if i upgrade to 1.1.3 ?
If yes.. would i be able to re-install them ?
the golden question --- is there a jailbreak for 1.1.3 ?

thanks
Most all apps work, you will also get the new installer 3.0 and yes you can reinstall them, but it might be better to unistall them first, write down the ones you have etc.

And yes there is a howto jailbreak 1.1.3, are you PC or Mac?

eleventeen

Jan 27, 2008
Most all apps work, you will also get the new installer 3.0 and yes you can reinstall them, but it might be better to unistall them first, write down the ones you have etc.

And yes there is a howto jailbreak 1.1.3, are you PC or Mac?
Thanks KNK !
Im on PC
What about the turbo sim.. would that work after the upgrade ?
so id have to jailbreak the phone after i upgrade to 1.1.3 ?

thanks

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Alright, I took the plunge and upgraded to a locked, un-modded 1.1.3 firmware. Why, well... Just wasn't really doing anything with the Installer or programs anymore. The only thing I miss is iPhysics. Everything else... well, I installed any themes, so most of what I had was "toys" with 1 or 2 exceptions, and even those I didn't use enough to warrent having them. or I should say I wouldn't miss them.
So I uninstalled everything, Charged up to 100%, and then upgraded to 1.1.3
It's nice. Nothing to write home about, but it's not without it's uses.
My big thing at this point is battery life. I am on my 4th iPhone for battery problems, and I really don't want to go for a 5th. My 3rd one was awsome, but when i went from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2, it started locking up and crashing a LOT -even after restoring several times.
So I am now testing the battery under 1.1.3. So far, there seems to be a significant difference. Now, I haven't been on standby nearly as long as previous checks, but the usage is about the same.
right now:
Usage: 1 Hour 22 minutes
Standby: 5hours 58 minutes
Call time: 28 minutes
sent edge data: 460KB
received : 5.6MB

the last time I did a test this was the stats for about the same usage:

Usage: 1 hour 34 minutes
Standby: 11 hours 22 minutes
Call time: 3 minutes
sent: 660KB
received: 9.9MB

Slightly longer that the new stats, but roughly the same. The difference is battery life.
under 1.1.2, I would have used close to a third of my battery indicator.
under 1.1.3, I've used less than a fifth.

Both are used under the same circumstances, with the main difference being that with 1.1.2, it was fully charged the night before, and with 1.1.3, it was fully charged this morning. The only other difference would be that I am not playing iPhysics anymore, but that still shows as usage, and I know it's a bit of a power eater if the graphics get a bit too extreme. (lots of lines and shaped on screen)

So I will continue to run this down till the 20% warning, and then I will do it again. If my usage passes more than 6.5 hours before the 20% warning, I'll be happier than a pig in sh!t.
If, after several tests, it doesn't get any better, well, 5 is a lucky number...

*UPDATE*
well, at the end of work here are my stats:

usage: 3 hours 26 minutes
Standby 11 hours 10 minutes
Call time 31 minutes
Data sent on Edge 2.2MB
Received 21.0MB
Battery at a couple lines ahead of half, which is probably the real "half" since after 10% the phone shuts down.
So double everything above and that's better than what I normally get.
Charging up now and will run all weekend till I actually get the 20% notification for verification.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Your such a battery whore. LOL
you can bite me. You up for some taco hell today for lunch?
Oh, and just because you were lucky with your first phone, don't knock the fact that mine seem to keep having battery probs. I have an appointment ...again with another Apple genius this Friday night. The past couple tests I've done show a considerable decrease again. 4 hours of usage this past time with 30 minutes of calls, 5 mb of edge data, 2 hours of wifi, and 2 hours of BT.
That's the worst yet. My nokia 6620 last twice as long with the same usage. ( minus the wifi, since it's not equiped for it)

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
Ive had 4 phones myself and 4hrs 40min is the best I've done to the 20% marker.
I don't listen to music on the phone (use my iPod)...(music listening really lengthens the minutes. 'achieved', and, use the internet extensively (like 3 hour-ish average daily......so I've just accepted that 4-41/2 hours is what I get.

I don't think any more battery power is possible with my usage pattern.

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
I am on my 4th iPhone for battery problems, and I really don't want to go for a 5th.
there is no way you got 4 3 faulty iPhones
i think you may just be paranoid about battery life
if i worked at the Apple store and saw you coming by i would lock the door and call security

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
there is no way you got 4 3 faulty iPhones
i think you may just be paranoid about battery life
if i worked at the Apple store and saw you coming by i would lock the door and call security
Well, #3 was great...until I updated to 1.1.2, and then it went a little nuts with freezing a lot and crashing almost everything I tried to use. But before that, 7-8 hours of medium - heavy use.

And for the money I have invested in my iPhone, since I bought it on 7/12/07, I am entitled to be satisfied. The warranty stands till this coming July, and I hope that I won't have to worry about it after that.