Official iPhone Software Update 1.1.3 Discussion

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
So is anyone with a jailbroken iPhone updating now, despite the fact that 1.1.3 isn't cracked yet?

I can't decide if I want to wait for a 1.1.3 prep - (like that oktoprep for 1.1.2) or if I want to update now and take my chances.... hmm...
Same here...a stock phone so much smoother, and the new update has some goodies, but how to jailbreak if and when the time comes? I dunno yet.....

caboose

Bronze
Nov 19, 2007
i downloaded it but didn't update. I wanna see what happens with jailbreaking and what to do with jailbroken 1.1.2 phones..

VasiliosKN

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
NY - Miami
I was jailbroken and updated. Of course all my apps an customizations are gone, but I can wait until someone cracks 1.1.3.

Not a major update, but if Multi Texting is important for you, and you don't want to use another app (like SMSD) then go for it.

jbaraga

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
www.baraga.me
Someone please refresh my memory...

I'm at work, but I sync my iPhone to my home computer. Since I have iTunes on my work computer, can I still do the update and not risk losing my data?

fides7

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
San Antonio, TX
doh! getting message in iTunes that says "iPhone software update server could not be contacted" :(

sammyb

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
New York
come on guys you are over loading iTunes now I can even updated

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Admin note: Please don't spread false rumors even if you're intending to be "funny". This place is a source for iPhone users, so this type of nonsense will not be tolerated. Expect a suspension of EIC privileges for those who partake in this type of humor.

Now back to your regularly programmed 1.1.3 Software Update discussion.
Good call. I fail to see what's funny about that type of post ...

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
doh! getting message in iTunes that says "iPhone software update server could not be contacted" :(
I'm having the same problem! I thought it was an error with my iPhone but it won't even let me restore. I'm just gonna try again in half an hour or so.

Aug 11, 2007
Found the first bug in the new 1.1.3,

or at least my iPhone is doing this. I upgraded to 1.1.3 and tried out the new google locator. It was pretty accurate, within 500-1000 feet or so. Problem is when I try to pull up a contact's address from my address book, the address does not go into the To section on google maps. I tried it from the From section as well. Anyone else tried this yet?

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
Wiggling icons are cool :)

The Maps app now has a crosshairs/scope sort of icon in the lower left that will locate you. It took a couple of hits on it but it found me within a couple hundred feet of where I am. You can also move pins around or delete them.

The bottom right has another button that reveals more options by flipping the bottom corner of the display up like a page...way cool UI.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Can't even download as "the server is too busy". Everybody, get off my bandwidth!
OK, I guess I can wait a few hours...
Apple stocks down another 12 POINTS. What's up (or down, should I say) with that?

Spaniard85

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
Both my ringtones from the 1.1.2 update remain after updating.

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Woo - they've fixed the most annoying bug of all - on 1.1.2 if you're listening to an audiobook when a call comes through, you talk, then when you hang up the call, the audiobook plays at double speed. Now on 1.1.3 it's fixed. Must get back to Winnie the Pooh.

mediarite

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
ColoRADo
Ringtones added with iToner no longer working

edit... deleting and re-adding a song doesn't help. Seems they've killed iToner again. :(

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
my google locater was off, huge circle and i wasn't in it. granted i'm in the middle of nowhere at the moment so i'm sure there aren't many towers to trianglate with.

gijohn

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
The SMS multiple recipients is a nice add on. The Hybrid view with Google Maps .... very nice. Bookmarks on your Home Page (up to 9 Home pages now) .... priceless

xmarkzdasp0t

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
is anyone elses text conversations coming out weird? like they are in order.

it should be like this [this is also the order in how the texts were sent:
me: hi
friend: whats up
me: nothing
friend: same here
then after i updated it they have been coming out something like this:
me: hi
me: nothing
friend: whats up
friend: same here

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
Can't even download as "the server is too busy". Everybody, get off my bandwidth!
OK, I guess I can wait a few hours...
Apple stocks down another 12 POINTS. What's up (or down, should I say) with that?
not really a surprise. down day on the market overall, lackluster keynote which heavily focused on what up to this point has been a failure--AppleTV.

gerstyd

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
My iTunes is saying it cant reach the update server. DAMN YOU! KHAAAAN!