Official iPhone Software Update 1.1.3 Discussion

chrissurra

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
My ringtones got deleted as well, they were through itoner.

If you have a mac and garageband you can edit any song and send it directly to iTunes.

Manual drag and drop of songs is the best new feature.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Boy, the method for icon selection for the desktop bookmarks leaves a little to be desired. I wish you could edit it, or override it with generic icons or something. Looks plain horrible for some sites.

How much you wanna bet sites will cater to this feature now and make their logos into nice little square icons in the top left only, please, thank you!

What's with the heavy, fake "glare" on the desktop icons, too? I never noticed it before on the stock icons, but it's a bit over the top when you're trying to make out the logo at the top.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I can't tell you how refreshing it is to have my home screen look different from every other iPhone now and STILL be stock. That really bugged me....

(but NO, not enough to jailbreak)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
And Google Maps nailed me to within, oh.... about 20 feet! I guess it pays to live in a big city for that.

Oct 27, 2007
My phone is now shut down asking for a restore....Not too happy right now. I downloaded fine (too a bit) then on the install it locked up and gave me the error message. Hope this isn't to bad...Pissed I don't have a phone right now. Everyone that's getting the error is locked out right? Not just me?
was it 1602? mine did the same thing on my desktop I ended up having to use my laptop and transfer the 1.1.3 update to it and restore from it

Montalicious

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
It's up for me, i'm downloading it now and I'm also downloading the iTunes update to install after i install the update to my iPhone. 139.5/162.1 3 mins remaining!

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
was it 1602? mine did the same thing on my desktop I ended up having to use my laptop and transfer the 1.1.3 update to it and restore from it
I'm getting repeated 2001 error codes and once got a 1604 error code -- have tried Restoring about 7 times and getting nowhere. Anyone have any siggestions. The iTunes and software update DLs went fast and smooth. It wasn't until I hit the update button that all trouble started.

Oct 27, 2007
I'm getting repeated 2001 error codes and once got a 1604 error code -- have tried Restoring about 7 times and getting nowhere. Anyone have any siggestions. The iTunes and software update DLs went fast and smooth. It wasn't until I hit the update button that all trouble started.
Have you tried a different pc?

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
you running the latest iTunes? mac or windows?

if not get that and I would do this:
* unplug the iPhone
* reboot your computer
* reboot your iPhone
And try it again.

jeffp

Jul 9, 2007
rings

you running the latest iTunes? mac or windows?

if not get that and I would do this:
* unplug the iPhone
* reboot your computer
* reboot your iPhone
And try it again.
This was also tried when I first updated. So far it seems that the program will have to be revised for 1.1.3 and maybe iTunes 7.6

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I've added a video preview of the features at the top of this thread. This of course if you haven't been able to download the update and/or haven't seen the GearLive leak.

Last edited: