Official iPhone Software Update 1.1.3 Discussion

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
i don't know how that's particularly useful unless you got something to hide (or you're trying to drunk dial using someone else's iPhone?!) or you're trying to use your recents as phonebook... both relatively pointless.

justahsquirrel

Silver
Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
i don't know how that's particularly useful unless you got something to hide (or you're trying to drunk dial using someone else's iPhone?!) or you're trying to use your recents as phonebook... both relatively pointless.

well yes, i have stuff to hide...lol.....and i use the recents more than the phone book or favorites...but i just wanted to know if 1.1.3 enable individual call deletes from recent calls....

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
my first big bad!

my iPhone now says "the iPhone 'my iPhone' is synced with another iTunes library. Do you want to erase and sync with this library?

um...no...no I do not! I just want you to work like normal.

Ag-Ryan

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
after just doing the triangulation thing, it showed me i was about 5 miles away from where i am..... not too impressed

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
my iPhone now says "the iPhone 'my iPhone' is synced with another iTunes library. Do you want to erase and sync with this library?

um...no...no I do not! I just want you to work like normal.
Oddly I get this about every 4th time I sync the phone. I have a 1.1.2 phone, brand new (old one was crapping out) 2 weeks ago. Never was sure what the deal was/is.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
This should probably go in the iTunes subforum, but has anyone else noticed the "Rentals" on iTunes? I'm still on iTunes 7.5 and just decided to click around. I found the "Top Rentals" tab however, instead of being $3.99 to rent or whatnot, it instead gives the option to purchase the movie fro $9.99. Just thinking maybe the rentals will be up sooner than we thought.

iLLGT2

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
NY/LI
Damn you beat me! And that was the first thing I checked, too...

... very cool...

Link management is also more consistent in its interface (send to bookmarks, homescreen, and mail all from the same place)
Ok that's worth it for me to update then, and google maps update. Otherwise I would just wait till the next one, still waiting for he flash/copy paste and drag and drop features dammit :( maybe by iPhone version 37485.1.4 we'll get it, or by iPhone nano super 3!

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Every time it does it I just say yes. Last night it told me my photos were sync'd to a different machine and it asked. I told it to do it, this time it erased it all, last time it did not.

No clue what the deal is.

bw2151

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
I'm getting repeated 2001 error codes and once got a 1604 error code -- have tried Restoring about 7 times and getting nowhere. Anyone have any siggestions. The iTunes and software update DLs went fast and smooth. It wasn't until I hit the update button that all trouble started.

Try deleting some junk off your phone - mine was pretty full, and I was getting errors....after deleting a movie, worked like a champ.

Did anyone try stereo bluetooth on the ipod part yet? I picked a bad night to forget them on my desk!

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Try deleting some junk off your phone - mine was pretty full, and I was getting errors....after deleting a movie, worked like a champ.

Did anyone try stereo bluetooth on the ipod part yet? I picked a bad night to forget them on my desk!
Thanks but I was dead in water with it essentially bricked -- no response at all as it was lost in he restore mode.

I FINALLY got it done. After 12-14 calls to Apple and choosing iPhone option and getting cut off, I chose imac and had them get me over to iPhone -- the irst two women were of no help and kept passing me up the line. We finally got'er done but really did not make sense. They had me relog in my BU User Mode and run the restore from that cleaner area of my mac. It worked to restore. the guy guessed I had some kind of software conflict going on and impossible to guess what was inerfering with the restore process and update softare.

Luckily I did a sync and BU before getting started and when i came back to main user mode and restored my stuff, everything was there, even the photos which shocked me.

So I'm up and running with 1.1.3 after about 4-5 hours --- nightmares of iDay and 40+ hours getting activated. man I've losst allot of time to this little beauty.

Thanks for ya'lls suggestions.

Only thing I've played with is creating the Weblinks and moving the icons around home page -- very nice and cool -- I likes :) :).

iLLGT2

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
NY/LI
Thanks but I was dead in water with it essentially bricked -- no response at all as it was lost in he restore mode.

I FINALLY got it done. After 12-14 calls to Apple and choosing iPhone option and getting cut off, I chose imac and had them get me over to iPhone -- the irst two women were of no help and kept passing me up the line. We finally got'er done but really did not make sense. They had me relog in my BU User Mode and run the restore from that cleaner area of my mac. It worked to restore. the guy guessed I had some kind of software conflict going on and impossible to guess what was inerfering with the restore process and update softare.

Luckily I did a sync and BU before getting started and when i came back to main user mode and restored my stuff, everything was there, even the photos which shocked me.

So I'm up and running with 1.1.3 after about 4-5 hours --- nightmares of iDay and 40+ hours getting activated. man I've losst allot of time to this little beauty.

Thanks for ya'lls suggestions.

Only thing I've played with is creating the Weblinks and moving the icons around home page -- very nice and cool -- I likes :) :).
Blah WTF is up with Apples updates!?! My iPhone evrytime has to be restored and gets messed up, he'll even my brand new MacBook ceased and wouldn't reboot and that was all because ofttrying to update to Apples newest release of their firmware, pretty shitty!

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
So whats up with the text/chat being out of sync? I saw that someone else had this problem, but I wanted to see if it was just a few people or everyone, man something like this would make me want to go back to 1.1.2

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I kinda figured that iPhoneringtonemaker wouldn't work. It tells u that Apple updates will most likely kill ringtones. I'll wait til I hear for sure that it works.
My ringtones made with iPhoneringtonemaker are still on my phone and working after the update. Go figure.

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
Blah WTF is up with Apples updates!?! My iPhone evrytime has to be restored and gets messed up, he'll even my brand new MacBook ceased and wouldn't reboot and that was all because ofttrying to update to Apples newest release of their firmware, pretty shitty!
You don't see THAT in those "Mac vs. PC" ads.

75 minute download is just about done. 1.68 megs per minute, and I somehow feel lucky that it's that good.