Official iPhone Software Update 2.1 Pre-release Discussion

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
I'm so mad with this. Ok so they fixed a bunch of stuff which we needed but how the hell does the iPod touch get the Nike+ stuff and not my phone I'm spending all this money on. I want the damn Nike+ stuff on the phone.

THEHNIC

Bronze
Feb 11, 2008
CA
Yeah no copy and paste.

Jack **** new for iPhone users.

musicmanmu

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
WV
I sympathize with you, but from a businesss standpoint, I see Apple's reasoning. They don't want to cannibalize iPod Touch sales by offering EVERYTHING on both devices.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
We'll set up a new thread for the actual release, but please use this for discussing 2.1 until Friday.

Hookem99

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
Deep in the heart of Texas
As quoted from Engadget:

This is a big update, it fixes lots of bugs. Fewer dropped calls, big battery life improvements. No crashes with Apps. Backing up is faster."

So you never know!:rolleyes:

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Wow hardly any mention of the iPhone at all. We have been passed over, for Apple's beloved iPod line. Seeing that the iPod brought Apple back from the brink of bankruptcy. I think I would pay a lot of attention to it also, if I were Steve Jobs....Mark

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
I think that they are doing this b/c they don't want 1,000,000+ people downloading it all at the same time... But iPhone users should get it first, because even though we payed $200, Apple still gets a cut from AT&T for every iPhone on the network... iPhone users are pretty much the ones who finance the software updates, even though they are an Computer and iPod, the iPod touch that people buy don't really give enough money to Apple to fund all the people that have to work on an update... so i understand why they are... but iPhone SHOULD GET THE UPDATE FIRST then worry about the others

Lips2000

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
Houston, TX
I'm so mad with this. Ok so they fixed a bunch of stuff which we needed but how the hell does the iPod touch get the Nike+ stuff and not my phone I'm spending all this money on. I want the damn Nike+ stuff on the phone.
You know, you are right!

I have a 2000 Toyota 4runner and the 2008 model has DVD based navigation. They should give it to me free!

j/k ;)

Mark

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
so... other app still can't do push? nor running on background..?

crupp

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
Atlanta
no push, turn by turn, MMS, Cut & Paste. There must have been some serious issues (software) not to include a substantial feature update on a MAJOR release.

BlackMonsterBandit

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Dirty Jers
I'm at work and haven't read anything about the update, but does anyone know what else will be included in the update, e.g. A2DP, Copy & Paste, etc.?

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
I'm at work and haven't read anything about the update, but does anyone know what else will be included in the update, e.g. A2DP, Copy & Paste, etc.?
No nothing mention regarding the above. "This is a big update, it fixes lots of bugs. Fewer dropped calls, big battery life improvements. No crashes with Apps. Backing up is faster." quote from engadget. Thats it so far

Voltaic Shock

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Leesburg, VA
Wow hardly any mention of the iPhone at all. We have been passed over, for Apple's beloved iPod line. Seeing that the iPod brought Apple back from the brink of bankruptcy. I think I would pay a lot of attention to it also, if I were Steve Jobs....Mark
I believe the whole point was to talk about the iPod and only the iPod and not focus on the iPhone.

I'm surprised he even mentioned the iPhone.