Official iPhone Software Update 2.1 Pre-release Discussion

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
I actually think this is a decent bug fix update. Everything seems a lot smoother

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
backup just finished. 5 effing hours

That makes NO sense. Did you back up anytime in the recent past? Something ain;t right, and I am pretty sure that isn't the phones fault.

Anyway, get 2.1 on that phone, and then try again. if you keep having the problem, get all the details about your computer, and speak with Apple.

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
That makes NO sense. Did you back up anytime in the recent past? Something ain;t right, and I am pretty sure that isn't the phones fault.

Anyway, get 2.1 on that phone, and then try again. if you keep having the problem, get all the details about your computer, and speak with Apple.

I haven't backed up in weeks. =\ it would always take 1-2 hours, so i skipped it cause i never had time.

i'm guessing 2.1 will fix that, but im a jb addict, so i'm gonna wait.

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
I haven't backed up in weeks. =\ it would always take 1-2 hours, so i skipped it cause i never had time.

i'm guessing 2.1 will fix that, but im a jb addict, so i'm gonna wait.
So far, after downloading 4-5 apps, updated 2 existing apps, took some off, taking pictures, added a couple contacts,etc. etc., I tried a backup/synch....took no more than 2 minutes with 2.1. It never took more than 5 or so before, so I saw a slight difference, but none the less MUCH improved.

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
Just do as the man says, and no one will get hurt. ;)

You should probably just delete this one then, since it is Pre-Discussions and all.