Official iPhone Update 1.1.1 Software Update Release Discussion

Hecubus

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
I wonder..
Now that the 4th row of the home screen on stock phones is in use (iTunes) what will Apple do with the screen when they run out of space? Say the next update miraculously includes 4 new applications. Will they make the screen scroll like Summerboard?
The home screen will simply scroll I assume, just like most screens on the iPhone. They could add as many buttons and apps as they wanted to basically, allowing users to scroll through them on the home screen.

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
wow, the speakerphone is no louder now than it was before. I have to hold it about four inches from my ear to hear it. Impressive! Certainly glad they took their time to get this stuff right! This thing is edging closer all the time to POS territory.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
I just downloaded it. at 1:47 PM

On wifi store right now. :) enjoy

Modds do not work with the new update*
yo my man i'm havin' a lil' issue connectin' via wi-fi...i went to settings>airplane mode on>wi-fi on>choose a network-default> ...and this is where i need help...

hotskate

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
okay so now that i updates and lost eveyrthing lol well restored my iPhone... now i need to re do all the 3rd party applications. :(

will the installer and stuff work with this new update?

ZodiacfreaK

Bronze
Jan 11, 2007
sorry man but you are out of luck, currently 3rd party applications have been disabled to work with the 1.1.1 firmware.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
my spkr is pretty loud...iTunes, phone call...word...that's good ...i like the new text msg tones...you now chng them...i haven't chk the rest out...let me see what i can discover

oh yeah when i leave out my residence will i still be able to connect via wi-fi?

tzhourdeka

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Ok so my phone just crashed and wenrt to the yellow triangle. then i connected it and had to restore it. Now all my mods are gone. I had to re install the new update as well. So yeah it wipes out all your mods in the update. But now the iTunes store is there... im going to try to install App Tapp again. Thats annoying.
Same here, are my contacts gone?!?!?!

ZodiacfreaK

Bronze
Jan 11, 2007
no, if you restore now it should sync back all of your data, just not the 3rd party apps and programs.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
No waaaaaay I'm updating and losing all my apps just for iTunes Wifi, TV out, and the rest of the small meaningless upgrades. I probably won't ever use iTunes Wifi but might want to use TV out some day(?). Louder speakers would be nice but I can handle my current volume levels. Don't care much about home double-click or spacebar double tap. And, I don't use stocks and my weather cities are already in the order I like.

Personally, the upgrades in this update just don't have me very excited. It's just not worth giving up MobileChat, Voice Notes, NES, Customize, etc.

tonyj81

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
VA Beach
LOL im scrolling and reading through peoples posts and as I do, i finish with 1 post and there is 3 new pages on the thread, everyone is excited!

iPhone8801

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
I checked at 10:00am PST and there was no update at that time. I checked again at 11:00am, then iTunes had a pop up dialog box that said update 1.1.1 is available.

Let's hope that something good is inside, should be at 152.3 MB's.
11am TODAY?! :mad: Right as I walked out the DOOOR?!

saaber

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
before you updated you had custom ringtones right? as did i. and i had all my 3rd party apps but i didn't want try anything so what i did was i did a restore and downloaded the update at the same time then it restored it and updated it and i still have my custom ringtones. did you restore first or just update? maybe thats the key, restore then update? i don't know im just going on what i did and whats happening to other people but like i said lol im happy mine still work.
I have not updated yet as I would like to figure out for sure what process works to keep my custom ringtones. Yours is the only process that has worked (in terms of keeping the iTunes workaround ring tones) without any problems. So whatever you did, you did it right!

When you say, "I did a restore and downloaded the update at the same time" do you mean that you did the restore first and when that was done you did the update, right?

Not to open a can of worms, but you did lose your 3rd party apps, right?

Skipper

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
well it appears as if the dock doesn't have 4-poles on the line out, meaning TV out could only be possible using a new RCA cable running from the top of the phone, or a new dock with the proper line out for audio AND video. either way, we have to buy something new.

bastards... that was the only function i was excited about too.

JewelDiamond

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
LOL im scrolling and reading through peoples posts and as I do, i finish with 1 post and there is 3 new pages on the thread, everyone is excited!

LOL I'm doing the same thing you are.... i'm so interested in this... I haven't upgraded yet, not sure if I will.

moneysh0t09

Aug 26, 2007
i just updated it and i had bypassed AT&T activation and now it says activate it again so i'm screwed bc jailbraking won't workr right?