Official iPhone Update 1.1.1 Software Update Release Discussion

iPhone8801

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
:laugh2: Does ibrickr count? After many failed attempts to unlock due to the lack of patience I decided to just activate it through ATT.

However, I do have 3rd party apps! Are these affected by the UPDATE?!?!

hotskate

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
after the update has anyone tried to re download upload the 3rd party applications to the iPhone?

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
It seems like the new update did very little to our iPhone. I am now beginning to think that this update was put out there in order to take out the use of third party applications. Why did Apple have to redesign the recovery screen? Why is it that they restricted us from going back to version 1.0.2? These are some of the reasons why it lead me to believe that Apple did this update mainly to block the use of third party apps. I might be wrong but it’s just how I feel.

ucla24

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
after the update has anyone tried to re download upload the 3rd party applications to the iPhone?
Yes, people have tried to reinstall them only to have to restore their iPhones. NO 3rd party apps work once you update to 1.1.1, also, there is no going back to 1.0.2 once you've updated.

Bottom line, DO NOT UPDATE! Unless of course, you have an unmodded iPhone.

GP1138

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
I love my un-updated iPhone. :laugh2:

I wish there was some way I could help with the development of a new AppTapp.

TheHitt

Aug 14, 2007
ok

Ok, I don't post much but I have a question. 2 Actually. I have the installer on my phone, that i installed using the simple program that does it all for you. I am on a PC. 1st question, if I did want the update, would I have to just plug it in, try to install the update, and it would delete 3rd parts apps, and install? Or should I do a virgin restore first?
ALSO, my notes are very important. If I restore will I lose the notes?
Thanks
Ro

ZodiacfreaK

Bronze
Jan 11, 2007
you can GP1138... if you have any developer experience. But even if you don't you can allways offer to beta test and stuff like that for them. Just try talking to them on the IRC channels.

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
well I kept my expectations low but I'm still disappointed. The only thing I was looking forward to was the opportunity to download my podcasts directly to the phone. However it appears that since they are free Apple had no intention of providing me with this ability.

The only other update of any interest at all was the speakerphone improvement, but having trialed it i still have to hold the thing four inches from my ear. Sure am glad they took three months to get this shiite right!

I am disgusted with this pos device and pos company.

I would be happy to get $300 for it. Any takers?

kr3st

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Winter Park / Orlando, FL
I have not updated yet as I would like to figure out for sure what process works to keep my custom ringtones. Yours is the only process that has worked (in terms of keeping the iTunes workaround ring tones) without any problems. So whatever you did, you did it right!

When you say, "I did a restore and downloaded the update at the same time" do you mean that you did the restore first and when that was done you did the update, right?

Not to open a can of worms, but you did lose your 3rd party apps, right?
I did them at the same time, when i hit restore it said there was a new update available so it started to download the update then it said it will restore when the update is finished downloading and updating so thats all i did.

Yes i lost all of my 3rd party apps. But its nice to have a clean iPhone again but i do miss my 3rd party apps.

spankbot

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
well I kept my expectations low but I'm still disappointed. The only thing I was looking forward to was the opportunity to download my podcasts directly to the phone. However it appears that since they are free Apple had no intention of providing me with this ability.

This was the killer feature I was looking for too. I could care less about cut and paste.

ucla24

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
Ok, I don't post much but I have a question. 2 Actually. I have the installer on my phone, that i installed using the simple program that does it all for you. I am on a PC. 1st question, if I did want the update, would I have to just plug it in, try to install the update, and it would delete 3rd parts apps, and install? Or should I do a virgin restore first?
ALSO, my notes are very important. If I restore will I lose the notes?
Thanks
Ro

You will lose the installer, notes and every other 3rd party app on your phone.

z28black98

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I did them at the same time, when i hit restore it said there was a new update available so it started to download the update then it said it will restore when the update is finished downloading and updating so thats all i did.

Yes i lost all of my 3rd party apps. But its nice to have a clean iPhone again but i do miss my 3rd party apps.

I think I will stick with my 3rd party apps over an update. There is really nothing in the update that I want/need except for louder speaker. I wont use the TV out, and the other things that were listed. I love some of the 3rd party apps, so I will stay away from the update for now.