Official iPhone Update 1.1.1 Software Update Release Discussion

musicmanmu

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
WV
So let me get this clear:

Those who have modded phones (AppTap, etc.) and installed the new software have not bricked their phones? And all the 3rd party stuff is still there?

Should I do a restore before updating or just update my modded phone as is?

tupacinla

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
I have a modded iPhone with apptapp and other apps on my iPhone.. will the update effect that?

durkadurka

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
So let me get this clear:

Those who have modded phones (AppTap, etc.) and installed the new software have not bricked their phones? And all the 3rd party stuff is still there?

Should I do a restore before updating or just update my modded phone as is?
I am updating right now without restoring and I have third party apps installed.

I will report in on how it goes.

Mactech

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
UPDATE 1.1.1 IS OUT! 152.3 MB's

I checked at 10:00am PST and there was no update at that time. I checked again at 11:00am, then iTunes had a pop up dialog box that said update 1.1.1 is available.

Let's hope that something good is inside, should be at 152.3 MB's.

iphoneyouphone

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Ok so my phone just crashed and wenrt to the yellow triangle. then i connected it and had to restore it. Now all my mods are gone. I had to re install the new update as well. So yeah it wipes out all your mods in the update. But now the iTunes store is there... im going to try to install App Tapp again. Thats annoying.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Question - has anyone seen this new version that is still using iTunes 7.3 or do you require the use of the most current version of iTunes? I am not worried about the update, I am more worried that the update will require that I update iTunes which frankly appears to be what is giving people the most grief.

Please someone tell me if there is success with this patch and iTunes 7.3!

why

Aug 3, 2007
Boston
Question - has anyone seen this new version that is still using iTunes 7.3 or do you require the use of the most current version of iTunes? I am not worried about the update, I am more worried that the update will require that I update iTunes which frankly appears to be what is giving people the most grief.

Please someone tell me if there is success with this patch and iTunes 7.3!
It does NOT requre the newest version of iTunes. Im installing it on my iPhone right now with 2.3

AngelJO008

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
It sounds like most cellphone speaker phones when they are turned all the way up. Its good, but not perfect.
I honestly don't notice the difference in my ringer volume. still somewhat quiet on the ringer "guitar" but the xylophone ringer is somewhat louder; but not much. How are downloaded ringers from iTunes?

Nikos

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Long Island, NY
www.nikostoscani.com
Couldn't activate in iNdependence with the old firmware. "Error switching to restore mode"

I'm pretty sure we're gonna have to wait until we can download the 1.1.1 firmware like we were able to with 1.0.2. :(

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
It does NOT requre the newest version of iTunes. Im installing it on my iPhone right now with 2.3
I am looking forward to hearing about your success! (or failure). I am not totally computer savvy, but programs like iPhoneringtonemaker and the like appear to be largely impacted by the version of iTunes and not the version on the phone. I am hoping this holds true.