Official Land Rover Bluetooth and iPhone compatibility discussion

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mjeagent, Sep 25, 2007.

1. mjeagent

mjeagent New Member
    Bronze

Have an 07 Range Rover and it pairs fine with the iPhone, but won't load address book.

2. Maahu

Maahu New Member
    Bronze

LR & Bluetooth

I have an LR3, and I think the only way to load the phonebook is through the cradle interface. My Nokia didn't load via BT either... nor did the voice recognition dialing feature function work.

On another topic, the phone auto-attachment via BT does seem to be an issue. When my wife and I switch use of the car, it won't automatically attach her iPhone after I've been using mine, and vice-versa.

To get the new phone to attach, I have to unpair and then re-pair using the access code. That kinda stinks since again with our Nokias, this wasn't a problem. The car automatically recognized the new phone and attached.

Oh well, maybe in 1.1.2.

3. yin_ko

yin_ko New Member

iPhone & range rover sport

I can pair my iPhone with the built-in bluetooth system of my '05 supercharged range rover, but each time I come back in the car, I need to unpair then pair back the 2 items. With all my previous phones, once they were paired with the car kit, they automatically connected with it without any extra manipulation. The phone says "paired with land rover" - but it doesn't work until I make the operation again. Anybody knows if I can make the phone to do this ?

4. Maahu

Maahu New Member
    Bronze

I'm pretty sure the problem is that your Land Rover is supercharged (thanks for sharing). Yeah, uh huh, that's it. No, there's no fix.

5. Maahu

Maahu New Member
    Bronze

6. nonameisgood

nonameisgood New Member

2005 RR: Pairs just fine. Reacquires just fine. Dials or answers just fine.. then drops the connection to the iPhone... but the iPhone doesn't know it has been dropped, so the caller gets silence and I get my radio or whatever. I have to pick up the handset, select "Sources", and pick "iPhone."

If the caller hangs up and calls me back, the Rover rings, I can pick up the call on the Rover, but it happens all over, again.

7. ldr1111

ldr1111 New Member

BT connex problems with 08 rover sport

I have the exact same problem.. whats the answer?

8. nonameisgood

nonameisgood New Member

Land Rover Dallas says it is a known incompatibility with iPhone and one model of Blackberry. No fix yet.

Just unpair and wait for an update.

9. nonameisgood

nonameisgood New Member

I haven't confirmed this yet but:
    " FFR (LM) Range Rover ALL VEHICLES FITTED WITH FACTORY FIT PTI
    Vin Range 180214 - 264336

"The customer requests phonebook over bluetooth feature.

"Note
    "This feature is at the request of the customer only, and must be charged to the customer. The download time takes approx 50 mins.
    Please ensure that the customer phone supports this feature by reffering to the Land Rover approved phone list.

"This feature will enable a Land Rover approved bluetooth phone to display the phone's internal contacts (phonebook) and/or call stacks on the vehicle display. These can then be dialled using the vehicle interface."

10. simeo928

simeo928 New Member

New Model Discovery3/LR3 PTI

I have a 2008.5 model year Discovery3/LR3 and am happy to report that the factory fit PTI now pairs with the iPhone and even downloads all the contacts.

I have read elswhere about all sorts of issues but I have had no problems. Hope this helps.

11. nonameisgood

nonameisgood New Member

Last unofficial word on the 2005 is that it is not upgradeable like the 2003-2004 MY's, and it is not supported by LRNA like the 2006-2008 MY's. The newer models have a much better/more compatible cell phone module, compared the 2005. And no plan for an upgrade path.

12. mpbn

mpbn New Member

13. hugh

hugh New Member

Still same problem no news?

14. mpbn

mpbn New Member

I have an iPhone 3G and a RR Sport 07. I need to pair it every time I come back to my car if my wife use the bluetooth with her phone. On time it has been paired, all is working. If someone know the solution because my wife will have an iPhone too and we'll need to pair every time.
    Thanks
    And Happy New Year

15. runner7395

runner7395 New Member
    Bronze

05 LR3 and no luck pairing with my iPhone.

16. mpbn

mpbn New Member

Hello,
    I still have problems with 2 iPhone paired with a 06 RR
    If 1 is paired, the 2nd is not seen.
    If someone could help me ?
    Thanks

17. Maahu

Maahu New Member
    Bronze

Woohoo!

With OS 3.0 installed, all my iPhone/LR3 pairing incompatibilities have gone away. Now instead of saying "paired," and having no connection, the iPhone indicates "no connection." Tapping that button connects to the LR3. We've had no problems switching connections between my iPhone and my wife's iPhone.

I knew this was an iPhone BT issue, because our old pair of Nokias would switch back and forth without problem.

Anyway, we're glad this has been resolved, particularly since California has instituted a hands-free law for cellphone use in cars.

18. jeremy1777

jeremy1777 New Member

2006 LR3 - iPhone work?

Hey guys,

I just got a new 2006 LR3 (se) Land Rover. If I want to use my iPhone over bluetooth to make calls and see my address book on the screen, is that possible with an update of the firmware? Any suggestions of how I can use my phonebook on the audio system would be greatly appreciated! :)

Jeremy

19. lbd

lbd New Member

I have a range rover spor 2011 t and an iPhone 4. Should the call waiting feature work compatible?

20. Gdinnerman

Gdinnerman New Member

I just got a 2008 Range Rover and the Bluetooth has been paired with my iPhone. Everything works except one big thing. When I dial out the caller does NOT hear anything from my end but I can hear them perfectly. I wanted to see if perhaps there is a mute button that I activated or if anyone has dealt with this problem before?
    Thanks!