Official Land Rover Bluetooth and iPhone compatibility discussion

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I just got a 2008 Range Rover and the Bluetooth has been paired with my iPhone. Everything works except one big thing. When I dial out the caller does NOT hear anything from my end but I can hear them perfectly. I wanted to see if perhaps there is a mute button that I activated or if anyone has dealt with this problem before?
Thanks!
That's odd. From what I've read it should work with your Range Rover. I would try another phone, just to make sure the car itself is working properly.

Bluetooth can be wonky. I'd also try deleting the pairing and re-pairing.

Enjoy the truck.(y)

Mar 12, 2013
Thanks Chris.
Unfortunately I tried repairing and that didn't work and then tried to pair it with another phone and it still had the same problem (isn't picking up any sounds from inside the car).

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Thanks Chris.
Unfortunately I tried repairing and that didn't work and then tried to pair it with another phone and it still had the same problem (isn't picking up any sounds from inside the car).
That doesn't sound good. Did you buy it from a dealer or private party? Either way, I'd reach out to them.

BTW, the truck looks great, assuming it's the same one in your eiC avatar.

Mar 12, 2013
Yes, it's a pretty ride other than not able use my bluetooth.
I got it at auction and now trying to track down the previous owner via the vin#.
Never a dull moment.
Thanks again,
Garry

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Thanks Chris.
Many of them need a microphone that's attached to the head unit and hook onto the visor or somewhere else. Some have a built-in mic. It sounds like yours might be missing the microphone or it's not properly attached.

Mar 12, 2013
I have a feeling that the microphone has become disabled. I tried using the steering wheel voice command button and it could respond to my voice command. Therefore both the Bluetooth and Voice command must be using the same mic. Bad thing for me is that I guess I hav to take it to the Rover dealership and have them fix it. Cha ching$$$$
Man I was hoping it was going to be an easy fix. I appreciate all the feedback. It helped a lot troubleshooting.
Cheers

fogerson

Mar 24, 2013
Portland, Oregon
I have a similar problem with my iPhone 5 in my '08 RR. Voice commands are fine, pairs with the iPhone fine, makes calls fine--but I can't hear the callee and they can't hear me. Gotta' monkey with it some more...

Humpo

Sep 8, 2013
I have a 2010 RR Sport. My Bluetooth connects with my iPhone 5 but the phone book only downloads as far as T after this I am unable to get any names or numbers from that letter onwards. Tried new phone tried impairing etc. help ?

gchild

Apr 4, 2017
Orlando fl
That doesn't sound good. Did you buy it from a dealer or private party? Either way, I'd reach out to them.

BTW, the truck looks great, assuming it's the same one in your eiC avatar.
Hi I have the same issue I can connect the Bluetooth to my Android but it doesn't work