Official Lexus Bluetooth and iPhone Compatibility Discussion

normr

Jul 24, 2007
yes me too

Yes I get that buzz too.

Has anybody experienced a short buzz, or feedback, when initiating a handsfree call from your Lexus Navi/bluetooth system? I get about a second of feedback on about half of the calls I make from my hands free bluetooth system in my 2006 GS-300.

Anybody?

iFuNk

Bronze
Oct 25, 2007
My 08 Rx which i just brought home last night ... works fine with calls but won't transfer over contacts ...

Denise

Aug 8, 2007
Transferring contacts

My 08 Rx which i just brought home last night ... works fine with calls but won't transfer over contacts ...

You could try putting your SIM in a non iPhone and transfer the contacts from it. Once they are in the car's address book they will work with the iPhone. You have to do this one by one on most phones, but there are some Sony Erickson's that will allow you to transfer the entire address book.

It is possible that this won't work if the data is on the SIM and not on the phone. Possibly other people would know the answer to this. I have not needed to do this since I already had my contacts on the car from my Razr.

sevenno

Jan 29, 2008
same high pitched buzz

Has anybody heard a high-pitched buzz right before calls connect when using their bluetooth handsfree system in their car? It doesn't happen every time, but about half the time I get a high pitched buzz for about half a second then the phone starts ringing.

I used a RAZR bluetooth for years with the same system and never experienced that.

Anybody?
I own a 2006 Lexus GS 430 and I too experience that high pitched buzz. Quite annoying if you ask me. Not everytime, but more than half of the time. Any solutions?

LexRexBlue

Jul 16, 2007
In my RX400h the phone rings you don't hear it through the system. However, in my 2008 Lexus IS you hear it through the system and I haven't had the issue with the high pitched sound.

hunterseattle

Feb 11, 2008
2008 Lexus RX350 Bluetooth\iPhone upload

I just bought a Lexus RX350 which has the capability to upload my phone contact list via bluetooth. It recognizes the iPhone but askes for me to trasmit the requested data and I don't know how to transmit it from the iPhone.

Does anyone know?

Thanks,
Tom

Denise

Aug 8, 2007
transferring contacts

I just bought a Lexus RX350 which has the capability to upload my phone contact list via bluetooth. It recognizes the iPhone but askes for me to trasmit the requested data and I don't know how to transmit it from the iPhone.

Does anyone know?

Thanks,
Tom
See the post a few before yours from iFunk and my reply about how you can upload contacts. Basically, you can't from the iPhone.

normantatterson

Jul 14, 2008
Works fine with my LX470 as far as I can tell.
I have 2004 LX 470
OLD PHONE
SonyEricsson K850i
Worked fine if dialed from car screen, but when dialing from phone there was no dialing tone, and I couldn't hear the first few seconds after the person I was calling answered. But all in all it worked fine.

NEW PHONE
iPhone 3G
I can't get the iPhone 3G to work on the LX470 at all!
Any help would be appreciated.
Norman

GTM

Sep 18, 2008
Solution to Lexus - iPhone pairing

I just got it to work. Follow these steps:

On iPhone:
1) Go to Settings
2) Go to Reset
3) Select "Reset All Setting" (Make sure you save passwords. Data is safe.

On Car:
Select "Info"
Select "Phone"
Select "Bluetooth"
Delete all previous pairings

Once iPhone reboots, turn on Bluetooth.

Pair as usual

It worked for me.

jcirinci

Oct 28, 2008
Buzzing iPhone 2006 Lexus GS430

Had several conversations with Lexus dealers on this. It is a known issue with the 2006 model of the GS430 (assuming the 300 as well). Also checked with friends at Apple - they said it's an issue with the Lexus firmware where they are opening the audio channel too early. As of now there is no fix from Lexus. Not sure that they are concerned to fix this issue either since it's been over 1 year now.

sfarris

Sep 26, 2008
I have the rx400h as well, and...

I currently use a RAZR to connect via bluetooth with my Lexus 2006 RX400h. It works perfectly, but I "need" to get an iPhone. However, according to: http://lexusbluetooth.letstalk.com/brands/lexus-bt/product/product.htm?prId=33077 you cannot use the handset to place a call through the handsfree system i.e if you dial the numbers on the iPhone it won't switch over to the handsfree system. Have you discovered that this is true? Does anyone know if the fix needs to be made by Apple or Lexus?

Thank You
It works just fine. If you dial from the handset or from the car system, it places the call. If you dial from the handset, though, the person on the other end won't hear you for a moment or two while the system switches. Bottom line, it works pretty well. First time you dial from the car every day, though, it makes the BUZZ that we have grown to hate, which gets less and less as you make other calls.

I had a blackberry before the iPhone, and transferred the phone book from Outlook to the Berry to the car. That phone book still works for the iPhone! Am wondering if I can transfer data directly from my laptop to the car, or if i need to borrow a Berry and go through the transfer steps to get the updates on the phonebook into the car.

meyergeorge

Nov 8, 2008
O6 Lexus GS-300 ipjone 3g I have 3 issues

I have my iPhone set up in my 05 ls, and my wife has hers set up in her
07 rx400 and we have had no problems. When i dial out using the keypad in the car i do not hear a ring, but when the party answers i do not get the delay you mentioned. Using the one touch dialing in the car i do hear the ring.The signal strength displays and every thing is working fine. There are
several post on the club lexus forums regarding the iPhone I have not seen any post of problems. Could it be a weak signal problem?
OK. I got bumped up to level 2 tier support with my bluetooth problem. They are saying that the iPhone just does not work with Lexus---"it was not built that way".

Anyways...the problem that I have is when i make an outgoing call, i never hear the phone ring in the car until someone picks up the line on the other end. But even then after it connects, there is a 3-5 second delay in hearing the other person---by then they usually hang up after saying hello multiple times and not hearing me.
I have 3 issues with my iPhone 3g and lexus gs-300 bluetooth (previous verizon lg 6200 worked perfectly):

1) Don't hear the ring and caller picks up mid-conversation (90% of the time)
2) Loud buzzing sound prior to connection (30-50% of the time)
3) Make a call, screen shows a connection, but in car microphone and speaker do not work - have to pick up the phone itself to have conversation (happens 100% of the time with one friend - probably 10% of the time otherwise)

This is my #1 issue with my iPhone 3G (#2 is poor AT&T reception) but I still love the phone. Seems to me that high-end luxury car like Lexus should work with Apple to make sure their cars support the iPhone. I am a new forum user - has anyone solved these issues?

George Meyer 801-391-6334 thanks!

Greener

Dec 4, 2008
Bonita, CA
High-Pitched Buzz

The high-pitched buzz comes from specific phones as they make a call through the Lexus hands-free system. I had a Samsung T809 originally and it almost always made that sound first, when I made a call. The iPhone 3G I have now makes that sound in my car's speaker on at least half of the calls I make. Some phones do not make that sound at all. My wife's Motorola PEBL U6, when connected to my RX400h's hands-free system, never makes a sound. The first thing you hear is the phone number ringing. I also had a Sony Ericsson w580i before I got the iPhone. The w580i never made that sound in the Lexus either. It just depends on the particular phone, and the iPhone is one that does make this high-pitched buzz you are hearing.

Has anybody heard a high-pitched buzz right before calls connect when using their bluetooth handsfree system in their car? It doesn't happen every time, but about half the time I get a high pitched buzz for about half a second then the phone starts ringing.

I used a RAZR bluetooth for years with the same system and never experienced that.

Anybody?

ssk1234

Mar 27, 2010
Bluetooth Audio and RX 350

Just got my RX 350 and it seems that bluetooth and audio works fine when you start up. i.e going into the ipod and streaming music through the Lexus Audio system. However, if there is phone call or I make a call when I go back the BT does not connect. The display on on the dashboard of the car says " Not Connected" any one have a solution?

noddy.0409

Feb 13, 2011
Australia
Lexus , I phone bluetooth compatibility

Hi, Did you ever get your problem fixed. I have a 2006 Lexus lS430 since new. Have just purchased a I Phone 4 and experience all the buzzing and delay problems. Seems no one will own up to where the problem is. A most frustating experience.

azizak

Apr 25, 2011
Has anybody figured out how to connect iPhone bluetooth to a Lexus 460.

Last edited by a moderator: