Official random thread

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Could a moderator please remind me if there was a way to report inappropriate ads?

Note that I'm not saying I find the ad inappropriate, but the SysOp may deem the ad inappropriate since he prefers not to have religious content posted here.

The ad in question is attached to this post. It's an ad targeting followers of one religion specifically, advertising what can only be a seedy hook-up site.

Screenshot_20170608-141646.png

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Could a moderator please remind me if there was a way to report inappropriate ads?

Note that I'm not saying I find the ad inappropriate, but the SysOp may deem the ad inappropriate since he prefers not to have religious content posted here.

The ad in question is attached to this post. It's an ad targeting followers of one religion specifically, advertising what can only be a seedy hook-up site.

View attachment 45379
I'm not judging the ad, but the forum rules refer to religious or political posts, both of which can stir ridiculous amounts of hostile debate. I think you're reaching here. Go out and enjoy the day.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
WHY?

Why the heck would I want a thinner cookie?

CEO of Nabisco must be hanging out with Ive a little too much.

Give Ive these cookies, I'll take the Double Stuff...

Screenshot_20170610-191344.png

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
WHY?

Why the heck would I want a thinner cookie?

CEO of Nabisco must be hanging out with Ive a little too much.

Give Ive these cookies, I'll take the Double Stuff...

View attachment 45384
It's marketed to those who want fewer calories. It's not a difficult concept. Yes, if they eat the whole container it's just as bad.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
I found this interesting on many levels. First and foremost is the fact that a friend once left his didgeridoo at my place for several months.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I found this interesting on many levels. First and foremost is the fact that a friend once left his didgeridoo at my place for several months.

I listened to one of these from Saturn several months ago. Cool and eerie at the same time. I read that they had to compress (or was it lengthen?) the time quite bit to make it audible to humans.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
An Observation............
In the days of the old tube type televisions, you had to wait for the TV to "Warm Up" for twenty to thirty seconds before you could watch it. Some progress was made when the new solid state TV's came on the market, they were almost instant on but you still had to wait for the filament in the picture "Tube" to warm up for ten seconds or so. More progress was made once manufacturers had developed the LCD and LED displays, the TV's were finally view-able almost instantly. Now with all the added features, controls and input choices, not to mention "Smart TV's", there is a small computer inside that has to boot up before the set is view-able, requiring ten to fifteen seconds before the TV can be used. In terms of the time required for the TV to be usable, we're almost back to where we started. But that's progress, right?? JMHO

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Do you want to feel as if your finger is longer than it really is when you pull on it?

Try listening to an ascending sound while pulling, instead of a descending or constant sound.

This is quite possibly the Holy Grail of neuroscience.

Hard to believe, but "Hearing an ascending sound while pulling their own finger can make a person think their finger is longer than it is, finds a new study led by UCL and the Institute of Philosophy, School of Advanced Study, University of London."

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Do you want to feel as if your finger is longer than it really is when you pull on it?

Try listening to an ascending sound while pulling, instead of a descending or constant sound.

This is quite possibly the Holy Grail of neuroscience.

Hard to believe, but "Hearing an ascending sound while pulling their own finger can make a person think their finger is longer than it is, finds a new study led by UCL and the Institute of Philosophy, School of Advanced Study, University of London."
Wanna hear me fart? Pull my finger. That's flatuloscience.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
You have a VERY low expectation of the 'Holy Grail of neuroscience.......
Agreed. This is in no way the Holy Grail of neuroscience. The holy grail of neuroscience, as evidenced by my quick research, seems to be related to consciousness and self-awareness, not finger-pulling.

This forum is quickly becoming Facebook. :D

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
It is interesting how so many humans associate flatulence with humor. I'm not saying I disagree, just making an observation.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
It is interesting how so many humans associate flatulence with humor. I'm not saying I disagree, just making an observation.
I reckon it's like associating water with thirst. Want some real humor? Bring a book of matches ;)

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
I seem to recall Naps being a fan of scrapple. I just saw this and couldn't help but share it here. I'd honestly be more inclined to try this version than the traditional version. :D

Vegan Scrapple.jpg