Official Release Date, June 11th?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Joshie

Bronze
May 24, 2007
Who really cares! It's going to be released one day in june, we might as well just get through all the days that it isn't being released and be happy when it is :)

May 6, 2007
United States
Till I see it on the Apple website, or in a press release from Apple, it's all just speculation to me, and I'll continue to wait with baited breath.

(Granted I think we can all surmise that it'll be out between June 11th and the end of June, which isn't a HUGE gap of time).
Yes, I agree. It doesn't seem right to me that they would suddenly announce, "It's available. Grab it on your way home," or say, "The Apple iPhone will be released tomorrow. Get in line tonight." I think we will have at least two weeks notice, and if so, that means the release date will be announced before or on the 17th. I am almost sure it will be announced on June 11th, but I don't think it will be released on that day or even that week.

But it's all speculation at this point. I agree that we can't trust anything unless it comes from the lips of, quoting the linked article, "El Jobso." :laugh2:

We will have to wait and see, and we know the wait won't be more than 35 days :D

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
Jeeze! Sorry I even mentioned it.
I for one am glad you posted the info ;). The other thing the report stated that I found interesting is about the pricing.
Word on the street is that the current announced pricing of $499 and $599 for the 4GB and 8GB models respectively will be the 2 year contract pricing, with full retail pricing much higher. Also, remember the whole Apple iPhone prepaid thing? It looks correct.
If true, it looks like the prepaid version will be even more expensive than the $499/$599 pricing we are familiar with.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
I think it'll be available for purchase on June 30th at 11:59pm. Still available by the end of June!

Or, I think it'll be available June 11th at 10am.

:laugh2:

Actually, I really think Jobs will announce the absolute availability at the WWDC keynote. I doubt it will be available before the 12th. I hope you can order online. I also hope you can preorder.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
Yeah, I think this new June 11th report sounds just as dubious as every other release date report I've read. I think people are just trying to position themselves as potential "soothsayer." You just get out there and announce that you "know" the release date. Then afterward if you are wrong, no one remembers. If you were right, WOW he must be some incredible, magical, insightful, insider, clairvoiant.

May 6, 2007
United States
I think it'll be available for purchase on June 30th at 11:59pm. Still available by the end of June!

Or, I think it'll be available June 11th at 10am.

:laugh2:

Actually, I really think Jobs will announce the absolute availability at the WWDC keynote. I doubt it will be available before the 12th. I hope you can order online. I also hope you can preorder.
They have said, I believe that you can purchase online. I will try to find the source of this info for you. Preorders would be great, but they are always a little bit tedious. Take, for example, the preorders for the Wii and PS3 from various sites across the net. They offered preorders and had none left at launch. If Apple is smart, they will not do preorders but rather do online orders when it is released.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
It would be great if At&t and Apple both started selling them on the 11th for online sales only and then released at the stores on the 15th. That way you could order one and have it by the 13th or 14th with regular ground and maybe the 12th with overnight.

Won't happen though.