Official Release Date!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

JeffBobula

Bronze
Apr 20, 2007
Madison, Wisconsin
Official Release Date!?!

So again, I swung by the ol' AT&T store today to harass them for more info, and this time my buddy was working...and he let "slip" that the iPhone is arriving to stores in the last week of June, either the 28th or 29th. The head manager then came out and she chatted us up, and she mentioned that they will get them in the store around 4PM (central time) on the 28th but they go on sale on the 29th. I asked if it was under a confidentiality agreement or anything, and they said it was a corporate email they received about a week ago and it wasn't stated anywhere, and that it was the "official date"...

Too bad I wont be home in town on the day it actually comes out to get my reserved one...looks like im going to have to fight it out in Bev. Hills...anyone from around there?

ITS TIME TO CHANGE OUR COUNTDOWNS!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
(but hey, I really do hope theyre/Im wrong and its the 11th or 15th)

Henrico

Jan 12, 2007
So again, I swung by the ol' AT&T store today to harass them for more info, and this time my buddy was working...and he let "slip" that the iPhone is arriving to stores in the last week of June, either the 28th or 29th. The head manager then came out and she chatted us up, and she mentioned that they will get them in the store around 4PM (central time) on the 28th but they go on sale on the 29th. I asked if it was under a confidentiality agreement or anything, and they said it was a corporate email they received about a week ago and it wasn't stated anywhere, and that it was the "official date"...

Too bad I wont be home in town on the day it actually comes out to get my reserved one...looks like im going to have to fight it out in Bev. Hills...anyone from around there?

ITS TIME TO CHANGE OUR COUNTDOWNS!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
AWESOME!

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
Around Beverly Hills, you have 3 Apple stores nearby - Beverly Center, The Grove and Century City. There is also a few Cingular stores nearby. I'm probably going to the Apple store at The Grove or Century City myself.

May 6, 2007
United States

ITS TIME TO CHANGE OUR COUNTDOWNS!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
Awesome, good to finally hear a release date. Thanks for the info, although I was hoping it would be earlier like the 18th or so. :p

EDIT: Why don't more people look at this thread? Like the best thread on the site :-D

JeffBobula

Bronze
Apr 20, 2007
Madison, Wisconsin
Awesome, good to finally hear a release date. Thanks for the info, although I was hoping it would be earlier like the 18th or so. :p

EDIT: Why don't more people look at this thread? Like the best thread on the site :-D
Oh no, Cantwait...Im quoted in your sig for the release date! Haha if Im wrong, burn me at the stake. But it sounded very very official. I hope its earlier though!

And yeah, you think more people would be stoked...but maybe they just don't believe it yet...

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Jeff-
I try and keep my sites free of the rumor mill. However, the information you've put forth seems like the real deal, thus making it newsworthy. I've posted a story referencing this thread with the caveat that Apple has yet to confirm a date (not that I'm expecting them to).

If you are wrong, we won't burn you at the stake. Perhaps we'll create a special user group just for you called Nostradamus.

Thanks for sharing!

-Chris

Last edited:
May 6, 2007
United States
Oh no, Cantwait...Im quoted in your sig for the release date! Haha if Im wrong, burn me at the stake. But it sounded very very official. I hope its earlier though!

And yeah, you think more people would be stoked...but maybe they just don't believe it yet...
Lol ok I shall remove it just trying to raise awareness for your thread, I think it is cool and important :D

Yeah, things like that can always change. I think yours will be official, but I really do hope it is moved up. (Not likely though).
'

netshadow

Bronze
Apr 21, 2007
Upstate NY
Who Knows?

Interesting. I stopped by the Apple store yesterday and they do not have a list, stated that Cingular has no list for people to sign on to to get the phone. At the same time he offered that they have no information about date, training or the like. They have not been told anything AND that is NOT unusual- he said. He is not sure how the distribution will work, how sales will work, who will be able to get the phone on line(Apple, Cingular, or both) or what the training will be-for either Apple or Cingular/AT&T. SO.....:cool:

kevin86

May 13, 2007
Ok, I don't mean to doubt what you heard, and it does sound like the right time frame. But, just to add to the rumblings, I went to my local Cingular store on Friday after work. I asked the guy if he knew when I could by the iPhone and his immediate response was June 6th. I mean he replied before I even finished my question. So I said, OK, so on June 6th I can walk into this store and buy an iPhone? And he said yes.

Probably BS but that's what he told me. And unfortunately I am going to believe him and get all excited for that date, probably for nothing.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Ok, I don't mean to doubt what you heard, and it does sound like the right time frame. But, just to add to the rumblings, I went to my local Cingular store on Friday after work. I asked the guy if he knew when I could by the iPhone and his immediate response was June 6th. I mean he replied before I even finished my question. So I said, OK, so on June 6th I can walk into this store and buy an iPhone? And he said yes.

Probably BS but that's what he told me. And unfortunately I am going to believe him and get all excited for that date, probably for nothing.
I get the feeling you could get a lot of different dates right now if you went into enough Cingular stores. Unless you're talking to the store manager or the district manager (over several stores), you're probably just getting off the wall answers.

May 6, 2007
United States

Not to second guess you or be mean about it, but I don't quite understand how this would work. Why would they release it before WWDC?

My guess is that they will announce a date AT WWDC, which I believe is June 11th.

WWDC is the World Wide Developers Conference, for those who didn't know.

STEVE JOBS HAS A KEYNOTE AT 10:00 A.M on June 11th, KICKING OFF WWDC.. Release date anyone?

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
My guess is that they will announce a date AT WWDC, which I believe is June 11th.?
My guess too... Jobs' keynote is on the 11th which at that time he prob will announce the release date... and if Apple were smart, let customers pre-order. This would at least allow Apple a couple weeks (if the release date is June 29) to feel out the market and see if they're under (or over) the initial demand.

It's also possible, according to the previous AT&T/Cingular e-mail, June 15 is the day they would be getting in the displays and demo phones but customers won't have phones in their hands until late June.

May 6, 2007
United States
My guess too... Jobs' keynote is on the 11th which at that time he prob will announce the release date... and if Apple were smart, let customers pre-order. This would at least allow Apple a couple weeks (if the release date is June 29) to feel out the market and see if they're under (or over) the initial demand.

It's also possible, according to the previous AT&T/Cingular e-mail, June 15 is the day they would be getting in the displays and demo phones but customers won't have phones in their hands until late June.
Interesting. Yeah, I am gonna try my best to get a preorder online and just do the first class shipping. I don't really care about waiting one day if I can skip out on all the hassle and lines. I will just have to stay on the forum all day waiting that one day :D.

And yep, I was thinking about the fact that Cingular stores don't really have any displays about it earlier today. My guess is that they already know there is enough hype and don't want to add to it until it is closer and they know what quantity they will get in stock.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Cingular is too busy making sure their network is at its best at all Apple stores right now. They want their new sales partner to have a strong signal for every demonstration. It's hard to sell phones when you don't have a signal at the location.

JeffBobula

Bronze
Apr 20, 2007
Madison, Wisconsin
fair deal...i'll take each June day as it comes as well...I'll start with the 6th...then the 11th...15th...19th...29th...

who knows, they could have changed it again since i last talked to my store. keep posting what you all find! talk to your AT&T stores!

JeffBobula

Bronze
Apr 20, 2007
Madison, Wisconsin

I talked to the store manager, and she said they were getting the phones on the 28th in the afternoon, and they would have absolutely NO training on them before the 29th, and her and her assistant managers were all freaking out because they didn't know if they would know the ins and outs when all of "us" dweebs came in on the 29th asking tons of questions. They said they had to sign their souls away to some confidentiality agreement and thats why none of them would get the phones to demo beforehand. Funny they let slip the "release date". Ya know?

It sounded very official...but again, I hope Im wrong! June 15ths my birthday and it would be the greatest birthday gift to myself...ever!