Official Using Cucusoft for DVD to iPhone Video Conversion

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

skinsgamer

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Hey I am using Cucusoft Video Converter. What happens is I convert my videos from the DVD so I can play them on my iPhone. It will convert the video fine, it will add to iTunes and play in iTunes, but when I try to sync to the phone it says they aren't playable on the iPhone. This has happened with "Gone in 60 Seconds" and "The Good Shepard".

The specs on "Gone in 60 Seconds" were as follows:
About 500 kbps
480x272 including 2 black bars
.mp4
H.264 encoding
under 500mb

Then just to test it I did convert to iPod which took about 6 hours. It changed the bitrate to 1367 and the file size to 1.13 GB. Why can't I play the smaller file on my iPhone. Why does it make me convert and more than double the size. This is really frustrating because it is taking so long to put a stupid movie on my phone. If anyone can tell me why the above movie won't play on the phone let me know please. If you want to know anymore specs let me know. Thanks for any help I know its late!

stewsan

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
I haven't used cucus but I do use handbrake to rip the dvd's and then the final is done by visual hub. I've done it this way with the last dozen dvd's with no problems and they are all on my iPhone. They take less than 400 mb each. Unfortunately I haven't tried it on any dvd's purchased in the usa only in asia.

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
I just recently got the cucusoft converter and it seems to be working okay for me. 500mb for that movie seems kind of small. I've ripped 4 movies and the smallest one (about 90 min) still took up 980mb. I would make sure that they're converting to .mp4. Are you using the dvd to iPhone converter or to ipod? The dvd to iPhone seems to be perfect for the iPhone and really made the conversion seamless.

Baltorep

Jul 7, 2007
It might need to be converted for use on iPod. Try highlighting the movie in iTunes then right click. If it needs to be converted you will see that option in the menu. Once converted it should transfer over.

skinsgamer

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
So last night i tried again but this time i ripped the DVD over using MPEG-4 codec. Not only did it rip over is half the time but it actually went on my iPhone no prob! I have no idea why the H.264 wouldn't work. I also have handbrake for windows its just that there is no preview and you don't know what the final filesize is going to be. So i can get the movies on now but its still really weird that whwn i used the H.264 i had to convert them again in iTunes...hmmm

Sep 15, 2007
I was wondering if anyonne could help. I purcahsed Cucusoft and converted Blades of Glory.. I put it on my iPhone fine... But now when it plays..It is real choppy and almost stops ...then resumes...any suggestions or help would be appreciated

maat

Jan 24, 2008
I purcashed Cucusoft too. I have another problem. When i convert DVD or video to H.264 format, and I want to uploud to my iPhone, iTunes says, that my version op iPhone cannot play this kind of video.

Please help me

AWY

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
California
I have been using the said program for a couple of weeks without any issues. I have been using the default values/settings. A 3 hour Planet Earth segment is running about 1.1 gb.