Official Using Videora for DVD to iPhone Video Conversion

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
videora worked great for me; handbrake, however leaves much to be desired. (they have handbrake for windows too)
I used dvd decrypter with videora, converted The Hitcher in like 20 mins, looks great on iPhone.

magnum man

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
I can't get it to play back my movies on the iPhone. Either they're all black with sound or half green. I need to know what settings work for the iPhone.

DHNF

Jul 1, 2007
I can't get it to play back my movies on the iPhone. Either they're all black with sound or half green. I need to know what settings work for the iPhone.
I'm trying to convert a DVD tv show episode that I shrunk with DVD Shrink. But I can only select one file and there are a bunch of VOB BUP and IFO files.

So confusing.

bllzll

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I downloaded videora and followed the insructions that someone on here gave but and my movies also came up half green. But I got it to work doing this...

... Open videora and convert your video using the settings that's there and suggested. I forget the exact specs but just load the video file and use the setting that first comes up and your videos will play beautifully.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
keithjd said:
[SIZE=-1]www.redkawa.com has a converter for iPhone, ps3 and others. I d/l it for free, but I don't know if it expires. I didn't noticed anything that led me to believe that it would. For Windows.
[/SIZE]
Yes, it's called videora. It's been mentioned several times!

bllzll

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
You mean the video wizard?
nope, instead of the video wizard click the next tab, called current conversation.. load your movie file in there.. and convert it using

h.264 QVGA 768kbps stereo/128kbs

i wont lie.. i have NO idea what those specs mean.. haha and there may be better ways to convert it.. but i do know this.. i tried doing it a way that someone on here told me to, and it didn't work.. and i converted like 3 videos using those specs that i just gave and the movies played beautifully on my iPhone.

Clayfree

Jul 3, 2007
Videora works well for me on PC. I have also used the Xilisoft converter and it works well always producing the correct aspect ratio.

My problem with these converters is the file sizes seem large. I'm converting movies as Mp4, 320x240 with a 512 bitrate and the movies are 500mb and up. I have not been able to produce an H.264 that the iPhone will play. At 320x240 it seems like I should be able to get a smaller file size.

Has anyone had luck producing smaller file sizes?

morpheus

Jul 2, 2007
Videora iPhone converter worked for me. A 178 meg South Park episode (XVID AVI) turned into a 143 meg H264 .mp4 using the default settings. Videora also converted an 88 meg WMV music video to a 38 meg .mp4 with no problems. It plays back beautifully on the iPhone. Don't forget to edit the 'Video' info in iTunes so you can set it to be TV Show, Music Video etc with the right metadata.

I have a Simpsons episode (Divx .AVI) that Videora attempts to convert and fails when importing to iTunes. If I try to open the .mp4 from the Windows desktop I get this QuickTime error.

Error -2002 : a bad public movie atom was found in the movie

I'm assuming it's something to do with the Divx encoding?

magnum man

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
nope, instead of the video wizard click the next tab, called current conversation.. load your movie file in there.. and convert it using

h.264 QVGA 768kbps stereo/128kbs

i wont lie.. i have NO idea what those specs mean.. haha and there may be better ways to convert it.. but i do know this.. i tried doing it a way that someone on here told me to, and it didn't work.. and i converted like 3 videos using those specs that i just gave and the movies played beautifully on my iPhone.
Thanks. That works. Looks good too.

magnum man

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
You sure you doing everything right? Because I had the exact same green screen problem but with those settings everything is fine.

Draven

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
So I've tried it both way.....

When I start the conversion it says Converting Video for a second or two and then immediately goes to Importing Video into iTunes, but that fails.

Obviously it's not converting the movie in two seconds, so I'm stumped as to what the issue is.

Lazarus

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Miami
I'm using Videora now and just like PSP Video 9 it works great, very time consuming but free usually comes with a price. I don't know how someone said they got Hitcher on their iPhone in 20min because it takes my pc hours to do a dvd

JiggyMatt

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
use "Videora" cause its the best one out there. I just started using it to convert my videos from my digital camera and it works great. you can decrease the file size, make the audio clearer, and even make the picture sharper all in one click. its super easy and very user friendly. After you convert the files to H.264 (iPhone video format) just drag them from the folder they were put in to and drop them into iTunes library. Its way easy and works great! the videos look better on the phone than they do on the computer!