OH GREAT now that I have the Plantronics mono

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Flyingstar

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
So. Cal
nope that aint it. I found it on the header above this forum. it is the 355 or just like their mono, in the ear late model headset but with a wire and earpiece that goes to your other ear

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Sooo..am I reading this right you can listen to stereo music in the headphones as well? This is a great find, I have to look at this.
I found this in the product description:

"For stereo listening, Bluetooth devices must support the Bluetooth Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP). Devices that do not support the A2DP profile must use the Plantronics universal adapter."

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
The 855's are not compatable with the iPhone. There is a compatibility check where you put in your phone's make and model and it tells you if the selected headset will work with your phone. When you do this with the 855 it comes back not compatable with the iPhone.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
yes you did and not it doesn't support Stereo.

Taken from the plantronics page:

Highlights

Bluetooth-enabled technology
  • High fidelity stereo sound for superior audio performance
  • Battery provides up to 12 hours talk time and up to 10 hours audio listening time
  • Universal adapter plugs directly into most 3.5 mm audio devices, such as iPods, to enjoy wireless stereo listening
  • Seamlessly switch between calls and music listening
  • Telescoping voice tube provides clear calls and discreet conversations
  • Foldable headset design for convenient travel and compact storage
  • Adjustable headband and pillow-soft ear cushions for superior fit and wearing comfort
  • Dedicated buttons allow call and music control functions directly from the headset
  • Convenient desktop charging stand to charge and store your headset
  • Foldable Headset, AC Charger, In-Flight Cable, USB Charger, and Travel Case included
  • For stereo listening, Bluetooth devices must support the Bluetooth Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP). Devices that do not support the A2DP profile must use the Plantronics universal adapter.
  • Bluetooth mobile phones with built-in MP3 must support the Bluetooth Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) for stereo listening.