Ohio?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Eliza

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
Anyone camping in Ohio? I would, but I like the "casual drive-by the local AT&T store" method every hour. :) If you are getting an iPhone in Ohio, please share the city. I'm in Toledo.

TheQSuxs

Jun 6, 2007
I thought Toledo was in Michigan :). I will drive by my cingular store in Columbus after work at 1230 am on the 29th. If their are people their I will get out and wait in line til 6pm. If their isn't a line , I am gonna start one.

Eliza

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
I thought Toledo was in Michigan :). I will drive by my cingular store in Columbus after work at 1230 am on the 29th. If their are people their I will get out and wait in line til 6pm. If their isn't a line , I am gonna start one.
lol, that sounds good.

kghoops

Jun 19, 2007
I'm in Middletown and I'm off work at 4:30. The AT&T store is about a mile down the road from my house so I'm set!

Eliza

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
Ohioans, do you think there'll be a huge line at your respective store? In my city, I don't think there will be... but I could be wrong. Do you think that you'll be able to get one on June 29th?

kghoops

Jun 19, 2007
I don't think I'll see too many people at my store. Depends how many travel up the highway. I guess we'll have to see how many the store actually receives to sell. I feel like it won't be many.

The only thing that may stop me from buying one is finding out what my monthly bill is going to be. I really want to know what the rate plans will be.

rollerbones

Bronze
May 14, 2007
Ohio
I work in Beachwood until 3. I am 10 min. from the legacy-village Apple store. I was there yesterday and they told me they will be open till midnite and they will have the full staff of around 50 working. Also told me the WILL have enough to meet demand. Should be interesting.

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
I work in Beachwood until 3. I am 10 min. from the legacy-village Apple store. I was there yesterday and they told me they will be open till midnite and they will have the full staff of around 50 working. Also told me the WILL have enough to meet demand. Should be interesting.
I work in Bedford which is about 15 minutes away from the Legacy Village store. I get off of work at 3pm also. I was thinking about calling off because I was nervous about how many of them they were going to have.

timschizzle

Bronze
May 22, 2007
I work in Bedford which is about 15 minutes away from the Legacy Village store. I get off of work at 3pm also. I was thinking about calling off because I was nervous about how many of them they were going to have.
I'm in solon, but im going to the AT&T store in independence off rt. 77 because i have to go straight from buying my phone to the Tim McGraw/Faith hill concert at the Q and its only a 10 minute shoot up 77 to downtown

timschizzle

Bronze
May 22, 2007
I'm in solon, but im going to the AT&T store in independence off rt. 77 because i have to go straight from buying my phone to the Tim McGraw/Faith hill concert at the Q and its only a 10 minute shoot up 77 to downtown

btw insiders tip, AT&T store in downtown cleveland on eireview said that there landlord will not allow them to stay open later then normal hours, so the have to close at 6. they said they will start selling iPhones first thing monday morning because that is there next businesss day. So if you luck out friday night, you have a fallback for monday morning.

rollerbones

Bronze
May 14, 2007
Ohio
I am a System's Administrator where I work..tring to decide if I should leave a bit sooner like 1 or 2 and goto the Apple Store. That store did say tey WOULD have enough to meet demand on the 29th...they know how many they are getting I guess...But were not allowed to say.

timschizzle

Bronze
May 22, 2007
I am a System's Administrator where I work..tring to decide if I should leave a bit sooner like 1 or 2 and goto the Apple Store. That store did say tey WOULD have enough to meet demand on the 29th...they know how many they are getting I guess...But were not allowed to say.
hmmm. maybe i'll change my plans and just go to the Apple store....

timschizzle

Bronze
May 22, 2007
Any idea what time you mite head up there?
im gonna be checking a few places throughout the night... 2 AT&T stores and the Apple store, and watch for lines. I know for the Wii, the line started at about 10pm the night before.... so i think im gonna start looking around then. want to team up and watch for a line at the Apple store that way we don't have to check every hour? I want to be one of the first 15 because i don't have much time after 6 pm to get in, buy it, and get out.

ahactor

Bronze
Apr 4, 2007
Hickland, OH
I live in Hickland, and the only AT&T Store is about 20 minutes away. But then I found out today that that is a Franchise. Which means I can't get an iPhone there. Soooo, when I have enough money (hopefully by the end of July!) I will have to drive to Springfield, which is a ways. Although, it might be fun to go to Columbus and get it, I haven't been there much (I just moved to Hickland last summer) and it would be fun to go to a big store. And Columbus is only about 45 minutes away. =]

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
im gonna be checking a few places throughout the night... 2 AT&T stores and the Apple store, and watch for lines. I know for the Wii, the line started at about 10pm the night before.... so i think im gonna start looking around then. want to team up and watch for a line at the Apple store that way we don't have to check every hour? I want to be one of the first 15 because i don't have much time after 6 pm to get in, buy it, and get out.
I was planning on the same thing. I think the Apple store is the best bet because there seems to be plenty to go around. However, I have a feeling the line is going to be huge there. I agree with being in the top 15 because realistically how many of them are they going to have? Especially in the ATT stores.

rollerbones

Bronze
May 14, 2007
Ohio
I will prob. run up there around 11:15 and see what it looks like...I will get off around 2 or 3 and go there and stand my life a way for a few hours then...
The line at the Apple store will be huge.. they have like 50 people working that night till midnight!
I am going to call the Cingular store in Twinsburg sometime and check on that one also because it is closer to where I live...but I think you will have the best shot at the Apple store...just a long line.

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
I will prob. run up there around 11:15 and see what it looks like...I will get off around 2 or 3 and go there and stand my life a way for a few hours then...
The line at the Apple store will be huge.. they have like 50 people working that night till midnight!
I am going to call the Cingular store in Twinsburg sometime and check on that one also because it is closer to where I live...but I think you will have the best shot at the Apple store...just a long line.
They also just opened up a new AT&T store in City View in Garfield Hts. Right off of 480 and Transportation. I think its a corp store but I haven't called them yet. They might be a good bet but I'm still leaning towards the Apple store.

rollerbones

Bronze
May 14, 2007
Ohio
They also just opened up a new AT&T store in City View in Garfield Hts. Right off of 480 and Transportation. I think its a corp store but I haven't called them yet. They might be a good bet but I'm still leaning towards the Apple store.
Yep, that is the store that the ATT store in Beachwood was talking about.. not many know its there.