Ohio?

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
Yep, that is the store that the ATT store in Beachwood was talking about.. not many know its there.
I'm very torn as to which to go to. I know for a fact that the Apple store will have it but with it probably a long wait. The ATT stores will have some but quantity unknown. Will they only have 5 or so who knows? I'll be pissed if I wait in line and find out they ran out 2 people ahead of me.

rollerbones

Bronze
May 14, 2007
Ohio
I'm very torn as to which to go to. I know for a fact that the Apple store will have it but with it probably a long wait. The ATT stores will have some but quantity unknown. Will they only have 5 or so who knows? I'll be pissed if I wait in line and find out they ran out 2 people ahead of me.
I know, I just called AT&T and they said none of the stores will prob. know how many they get until shipment comes in!?!?
Starting to wonder if Apple will have a large stock in store and if they run low there is a local warehouse that they can pull from that will distribute them to Apple on that day and AT&T later....

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
I know, I just called AT&T and they said none of the stores will prob. know how many they get until shipment comes in!?!?
Starting to wonder if Apple will have a large stock in store and if they run low there is a local warehouse that they can pull from that will distribute them to Apple on that day and AT&T later....
You would hope they would have a large stock seeing that there are only about 150 Apple stores nationwide. Also if they do in fact have the 3 million available at launch there shoul be no problems getting it anywhere. I have a feeling that there is no way they will have that many. Maybe that many in the first three months but not on launch.

futebol

Apr 8, 2007
Eliza -- I just checked out the AT&T store in Maumee (on Conant St.) since I was in the area and they said they have been getting between 25 and 30 calls a day about the iPhone. How many people that translates into coming in on the 29th to purchase one is another question.

Do you plan on going to the one in Toledo or the one in Maumee? A quick google maps made it look like the AT&T store in Toledo is in Franklin Park. Is it actually in the mall? I think I'm just going to go to the one in Maumee early on the 29th and if there's already a huge line I'll go up to Franklin Park.

mrpacijr

Jun 24, 2007
I really wonder if there will be long lines in the cleveland area? Out of all my buddies only 2 of us are getting an iPhone...

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
I really wonder if there will be long lines in the cleveland area? Out of all my buddies only 2 of us are getting an iPhone...
Me too but both of us who are getting it would not normally buy a smart phone or any phone for that matter for 600 dollars. I think there will be a huge demand for this.

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
So with the nice rate plans announced is this going to change your strategy in any way? With the announcement I'm more inclined to go to an ATT store now but Apple is still only 15 minutes from me. Any of your guy's thoughts?

rollerbones

Bronze
May 14, 2007
Ohio
So with the nice rate plans announced is this going to change your strategy in any way? With the announcement I'm more inclined to go to an ATT store now but Apple is still only 15 minutes from me. Any of your guy's thoughts?
Nope, I am hoping since you activate from home the line will move quickly...pickup and go kind of thing...
Still hoping to get there around 2pm that day.