OJs official apology thread

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I owe everyone an apology. To point fingers and call names is quite childish, to be frank. In my own defense, I was trying to be smartass/funny. No excuse because it sure didn't come off that way. I love being a loose cannon around here but I in no way want to come across in the very way that other "haters" around here have. I have spent time in this off topic thread because its mainly "regulars" and I'm trying to have fun. I allowed myself to cross a line with you guys and I really am ashamed of it.

I am truly sorry for my terrible and hateful words. I took it too far and I hope that those that I offended will please forgive me.

I expect a harsh backlash for my remarks and will take my medicine in stride.

Respectfully yours

OJ

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Wow. Unexpected. Good man, big man, for apologizing.

You've never upset or bothered me personally of couse BTW, but I think I know some of the background on why you're feeling like posting this - and think it's a good call, good job for doing it ...

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
crap happens sometimes, man.

sorry for flipping out on you earlier, too, man.

yeah, its just when people use the word "commie" in a bad way, it pisses me off really badly...

funny cause I was born in '92.

- Long Haired Girly Boy

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
OJ and Sam

I've been raised to believe that expressing your feelings, especially when doing so may be painful, is the most important aspect of being a gentleman and a friend. Excuse me for quoting Harry Potter, but I am reminded of a quote which I'll butcher:

"Standing up to your enemies requires courage. Standing up to your friends requires outstanding moral fortitude."

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
No problem at all, OJ, I don't hold grudges, no matter what.

Good Day Sir.

- Long Haired Girly Boy

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
actually you have helped me out in the past. I feel just terrible when I look back on yesterday's posts..... I can't say that I wont say some questionable things in the future but I will certainly watch my step at the moment. Thanks for your understanding....

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
that made my eyes bleed a little.

And OJ, again, man, its fine, I completely understand.

- Long Haired Girly Boy

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
no complaints here OJ, I think you are cool as hell.

But I guess I've always known for the most part you were just havin a little fun and never had intentions of belittling people and what not.

Don't go too soft though. Be yourself and have fun. Keep that loose cannon persona, it definitely keeps things fun around here. But when you know someones buttons are pushed too far it might be time to ease off the pedal. Again, nothing has ever offended me, but I'm pretty thick skinned and could give a F what anyone thinks about me on here. (except for Buffy)

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
I missed it all but it takes a big man to apologize for anything... Much respect..

S

Starry

OJ... You always amaze me... either with your wit or 'comments' you make me smile and laugh and snort out my nose... but this my friend... was the MOST amazing.... and Sam... YOU are quite the young man... This is what EIC is all about.. we're all big enough to say we're sorry, and no one rarely holds grudges or vents about it... You two deserve the HUGE KUDO!

This is the reason I'm proud to be an EIC member... as I'm sure everyone else is too... Thanks Chris for giving us the forum!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Good man, OJ. You never really bother me much either, but all the same, it was great of you to come out and apologize.

As for the group hug, I think I'll pass on this one.

- John

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Good man, OJ. You never really bother me much either, but all the same, it was great of you to come out and apologize.

As for the group hug, I think I'll pass on this one.

- John
Dittos on passing on the group hug. Ill have a group hug with buffy starry and kelley though.

S

Starry

Dittos on passing on the group hug. Ill have a group hug with buffy starry and kelley though.
I'm so sorry honey... I don't hug AGGIES! *Howling* \m/ HOOK'em!
Just kidding.... you can hug me anytime...ya big stud!
:p

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
OJ, I need no apology, but I appreciate your willingness to do that for others you may have offended. As it has been recently pointed out, people shouldn't take this online banter so seriously. It is good to keep in mind peoples' sensitivity. I think most of us have crossed the line at some point; you are one of the few to step forward and make a public apology, even though you were just playing. Maturity, indeed. I've always found your humor hilarious, but I respect your post and the sentiment behind it. Kudos.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I guess I missed something else when I was taking elevators' pictures.:confused:

H

Hayesimus

Well, OJ. I suppose you are sincere. I for one have no quarrel with you. I like the fact that you say what you mean. I just wish at times you used more tact and wit. The kind I KNOW you are capable of. To speak without thinking is to shoot without aiming. No good can come of that. SO. Job well done on the apologizing. It is good to see that you can admit a wrong and attempt to make it right. I do believe however that possibly some will require trial period of Playing By The Rules OJ before they truly accept it. Not thinking of anyone specific, just thinking about how I would feel if I deserved an apology like that one. SO. all in all. I hope that we can all be as productive as ever and enjoy the EIC without all the needless, fruitless, and ultimately tiresome drama. I mean come on guys. I am runnin out of ideas for the Drama Llama pics! That's NEVER a good sign!