OK Go accuses Apple of copying concept from their music video

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
http://www.businessweek.com/article...e-ripped-off-our-video-for-the-iphone-6-event

So OK Go meets with Apple to discuss a collaboration on a video, Apple declines, but then proceeds to make the video without the band anyways? The article doesn't say if it was Apple or OK Go who brought the idea to the table, but having observed OK Go's work for many years, I would guess it was OK Go's handiwork.

Check out the band's video, if you haven't already. It truly is great.

Bad Apple.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
http://www.businessweek.com/article...e-ripped-off-our-video-for-the-iphone-6-event

So OK Go meets with Apple to discuss a collaboration on a video, Apple declines, but then proceeds to make the video without the band anyways? The article doesn't say if it was Apple or OK Go who brought the idea to the table, but having observed OK Go's work for many years, I would guess it was OK Go's handiwork.

Check out the band's video, if you haven't already. It truly is great.

Bad Apple.
No video there.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
In case the article isn't loading correctly for anyone, here are the direct links to the videos:

OK Go - "The Writing's On The Wall":

And the extremely similar "Perspective" by Apple:

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Anyone know whether Apple's "Perspective video" is 100% CGI, half CGI and half real, or 100% real?

There's a transformation at 1:50 where a phrase undergoes two transitions (in addition to the "starting state" of the sign). At first, the sign reads "ANOTHER WAY" and then transitions into "A BETTER WAY" before finally transitioning again to "A BIGGER WAY". My opinion is that it would have taken a huge deal of effort in order to make this work in real life (if at all possible), but it would take considerably less effort using CGI.