Ok... got it, what accessories do i need?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

BAD_S197

Nov 2, 2007
I picked up the phone today.

My present contract with tmobile isn't up till Dec 24th so it's kinda tough to justify having two phones till then but I'll probably bite and activate it tonight when I get home from work. I mean, who wants a nice toy if you can't play with it.

I want a case that can attach to my belt but at the same time is comfortable to put in my pocket should I feel the need.

The Krussell Orbit looks good but no one locally has it that I'm aware of so I don't know how it fits and how the case looks in person. Anyone here have one? Do you like it? Any case similar to the Krussell would be of interest. Suggestions?

I'm in California, so a bluetooth headset/earpiece is definitely needed. I hate talking on the phone while driving so I just want a bluetooth earpiece in the car for that rare occasion I have to talk to someone while driving.

Any accessories I should look at?

p.s. Is there software to convert avi and mpg movies/shows to iPhone format?

thanks
jake

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
An adapter for the headphone jack is necessary to plug most regular headphones into it.

http://theAppleblog.com/2007/08/30/iphone-headphone-adapter-roundup/

Handbrake works well for easily converting from decrypted DVDs, (as long as you use the right preset, and the planets are aligned :D)

I prefer Videora Converter when converting files that are already encoded to something other than DVD format - it's really easy.

b3n84

Nov 5, 2007
In terms of getting your headphones to fit, I initally had that problem with my shure e2cs. I just took a exacto knife (boxcutter should do just fine) and cut off the piece of rubber/plastic near the base of the headphone plug. Cutting off a 1cm strip gave the jack room to fit in, and now everything fits. If your headphones has rubber surrounding your headphone jack, just cut some of the rubber off and you should be able to push the headphones in.

Lester56

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
1cm is allot to cut off. Most existing headphones you can get by with only cutting off 1/8".

1cm = .394"

BAD_S197

Nov 2, 2007
i'll probably just splurge for the adapter. I have a nice set of headphones i bought in Japan and would like to use them with everything and hate cutting up perfectly good toys.

looking for a case today.

Lester56

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Those adaptors can be hideous. Since I have become an Apple addict I find I have a small bag filled with cables and adaptors. Whoa is me.

Liv

Bronze
As for cases...Here are a couple of my suggestions...

I got this one and used it for a while. I love that it faces inwards inside the holster, and the clear hard case did not add much to it at all. It actually made the iPhone look even sharper than it is. My boyfriend uses the same case, and when he wears his suits to work it looks very snazzy.
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...accessories/cases&nplm=TN613LL/A&mco=BAF9085E

Only drawback I had? It is heck to take off your phone. Mine broke while trying to get it off, and my boyfriend finally figured out the method for best removal on his.

When my clear case broke, I decided to get one of these:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...accessories/cases&nplm=TN569LL/A&mco=96FEFF95

What is great is it still fits in the holster I had from my previous case. It has a very grippy feel, and unlike silicone cases, it is a tough rubber.

Both can be taken out of the holster and slipped into slack pockets or jacket pockets easily.

jay12

Oct 18, 2007
As for cases...Here are a couple of my suggestions...

I got this one and used it for a while. I love that it faces inwards inside the holster, and the clear hard case did not add much to it at all. It actually made the iPhone look even sharper than it is. My boyfriend uses the same case, and when he wears his suits to work it looks very snazzy.
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...accessories/cases&nplm=TN613LL/A&mco=BAF9085E

Only drawback I had? It is heck to take off your phone. Mine broke while trying to get it off, and my boyfriend finally figured out the method for best removal on his.

When my clear case broke, I decided to get one of these:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...accessories/cases&nplm=TN569LL/A&mco=96FEFF95

What is great is it still fits in the holster I had from my previous case. It has a very grippy feel, and unlike silicone cases, it is a tough rubber.

Both can be taken out of the holster and slipped into slack pockets or jacket pockets easily.
i agree that the first case is difficult to take of.. i felt like i was either going to scratch my phone or break the case trying to take the thing off! :laugh2:

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
Check out the Seidio case & holster combo. I just have the case, it is very nice and works well for pocket use. I've heard that the holster is nice also, very secure. Both are available here in the EIC store, but you can get the combo directly from Seidio and save $10.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
i agree that the first case is difficult to take of.. i felt like i was either going to scratch my phone or break the case trying to take the thing off! :laugh2:
That is the case I am using now and it breaks very easily. The little tabs that hook the two halves together snap off if your not careful. I ordered a Contour case today online (local Apple store didn't have any) and hopefully that will be a better case.