Ok guys ( my first help request)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
I am bummed right now, because I listen to music on my iPhone all day...till today.

The right speaker is at a whisper.

So here's my question.

What can I do about getting it fixed?

My phone was bought through an AT&T store. Is there any chance they have headphones for it?
My phone is about 3 months old or maybe a little more. I shouldnt have to purchase new headphones already.
I take good care of the phone, no drops, no plunges into water.

Any chance I could take it to the Apple Store with the AT&T receipt?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I'm assuming that by right speaking you mean the right earbud, because there is no right no right speaker. :)

I would take it to Apple with the receipt and they'll most likely give you a new pair. If they don't I know they sell earbuds for the iPhone separately, so you'll be able to buy a new set.

- John

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
I'm assuming that by right speaking you mean the right earbud, because there is no right no right speaker. :)

I would take it to Apple with the receipt and they'll most likely give you a new pair. If they don't I know they sell earbuds for the iPhone separately, so you'll be able to buy a new set.

- John
:)

I'm sorry about that. Yes, I'm talking about the headphones. Like I said, I bought it at an AT&T store ... will I be able to get new ones from an Apple store?

I have a couple in my area, so that would be no problem.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007

- John
The ones that come with are $30. in the Apple store. The left side of mine had a very tin can sound. Apple replaced phone and headset saying that they came packaged together and thats what they had to do to give me a new headset.

I walked away quite happy.

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
The ones that come with are $30. in the Apple store. The left side of mine had a very tin can sound. Apple replaced phone and headset saying that they came packaged together and thats what they had to do to give me a new headset.

I walked away quite happy.
Did you get your phone at an Apple store? I'm just worried that I won't be able to get any help due to the fact that my phone was purchased at an AT&T store.

Macster

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Oregon
Did you get your phone at an Apple store? I'm just worried that I won't be able to get any help due to the fact that my phone was purchased at an AT&T store.
It is still an Apple product. The will fix it. I bought two iPhones from AT&T, had problems with the AC wall adapter. They took care of it on warranty.

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
It is still an Apple product. The will fix it. I bought two iPhones from AT&T, had problems with the AC wall adapter. They took care of it on warranty.

Sweet!

Thanks for putting up with my newb like question.

<----heading to Apple store after work tommrow.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
For the record, I bought mine via AT&T and they gave me a new pair of earbuds free when I took mine in. They had been in the washer, but Apple didn't know that.

BTW - I did have the receipt from ATT, and they did ask for it.

- John

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
For the record, I bought mine via AT&T and they gave me a new pair of earbuds free when I took mine in. They had been in the washer, but Apple didn't know that.

- John
I've still got the receipt in the box. I'm usually bad at keeping track of stuff, but luckily I stuck the box in a safe place.

Macster

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Oregon

- John
I happened to be out of town (in San Francisco) and didn't have the receipt. The guy at the Genius Bar didn't even ask for the receipt. He just looked at the serial number of the phone and looked up the registration info.

I walked out with a new AC power converter, under the warranty.