Ok, I Jailbroke my phone, and its working with other AT&T SIM cards...

Aug 26, 2008
Hey guys,
New to the scene here. I have searched over the net and as ridiculous as this may sound, I cant find my answer.

Basically I bought the 3g phone last week, jailbroke it the same night. Took out my current SIM card, and put in my grandmothers AT&T SIM card, and the phone works great. It makes calls from my grandmothers AT&T sim card just fine.

Questions:

1. Now that the phone is jailbroken, will it work with all AT&T sim cards? Im assuming yes, since its working for me now.

2. My grandmothers AT&T sim card that I put in, does NOT have the internet package... although the phone was receiving internet still. It made me wonder... possibly the phone was connected to the router automatically which gave me the internet.

3. I plan to cancel my AT&T contract after 31 days. Has anyone had any luck using a AT&T GO prepaid sim card ? I prefer to use Prepaid, since I wont use the phone that much, besides internet. (Which I see AT&T offers the internet for $19.99 or so a month with pre-paid.)

Thanks!
Ryan

redstar299

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
It has nothing to do with Jailbreaking - The new iPhones work with all ATT sim cards, Jailbroken or not. The old iPhones did not which is why you are confused.

If your grandma doesn't have an internet package, remove that sim immediately cause you gonna have a $700 phone bill for per/kb data charges at the end of the month.

Aug 26, 2008
It has nothing to do with Jailbreaking - The new iPhones work with all ATT sim cards, Jailbroken or not. The old iPhones did not which is why you are confused.

If your grandma doesn't have an internet package, remove that sim immediately cause you gonna have a $700 phone bill for per/kb data charges at the end of the month.
After some more hard research, I found the answers I was looking for.

I went to google.com & went to an online forum, checked the GPS to see if it worked and then ejected the sim card after about 1.5 minutes. Hopefully the charge isn't excessive. :p:p