OK, just to clarify.........

Neil

Bronze
I think the langauge used in the qualifying price explanation is vague. The part that is confusing me is: iPhone customers who purchased an iPhone before July 11
I bought the first iPhone on i-day last year, so I am assuming this means me and I am eligible for the "discount" prices, yes? Just wish they'd say "iPhone, v.1" in the description, so I can be sure THEY didn't f*#k up!
Neil

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
if you have an iPhone right now, you're eligible. No ifs, ands, or buts.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
BUT what if you got a new subsidized phone from AT&T in January, and then got the iPhone in February. I don't think you're eligible...

Runamuck

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
Where is your proof of this? I'm not accusing you of making it up, but I was just told the exact OPPOSITE of this from an AT&T rep less than 10 mins ago.

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
BUT what if you got a new subsidized phone from AT&T in January, and then got the iPhone in February. I don't think you're eligible...
I believe EVERY iPhone user is eligible. Is the people without iPhones that need to have been with att for over two years to be able to upgrade for the discounted prices.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
what if you are on AT&T right now without an iPhone, but get one off ebay (wink wink) and add an iPhone plan to your contract, are you eligible then?

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
what if you are on AT&T right now without an iPhone, but get one off ebay (wink wink) and add an iPhone plan to your contract, are you eligible then?
I hope so because even though I had an iPhone sice iDay, I lost that iPhone and changed that plan like 6 weeks ago. Last week I got me another iPhone and changed the plan to the iPhone plan again. I hope I can get it like that also.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
You wouldn't be if you sold that iPhone. But if you still have it, and the iPhone data plan, it doesn't matter what your upgrade status would be without it.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
As long as you do it before the 11th... that is my understanding.

ANYone with an iPhone and the proper data plan on their account WILL BE ELIGIBLE.

Why is this so hard to understand? It's been repeated over and over so many places now.

Runamuck

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
As long as you do it before the 11th... that is my understanding.

ANYone with an iPhone and the proper data plan on their account WILL BE ELIGIBLE.

Why is this so hard to understand? It's been repeated over and over so many places now.
"The world is flat" was repeated over and over again and that didn't make it true either. :)

I guess I'll just have to wait and see on launch day as there's no evidence to support the claim that "All iPhone v1 account holders today will be eligible for the upgrade price."

Jun 15, 2008
Okay..I had an iPhone up until a week ago and I took the data plan off of my account because I sold the phone. Am I still Eligible for an iPhone 3g at discounted prices of 199 (8gig) ? I have an upgrade available.

lostman24

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
See

Okay..I had an iPhone up until a week ago and I took the data plan off of my account because I sold the phone. Am I still Eligible for an iPhone 3g at discounted prices of 199 (8gig) ? I have an upgrade available.
See this is the same situation I am in and a lot of people that sold their iPhone before the "announcement date". Will we be able to get the good price? I am using and old phone right now and had to chance my plan but can I walk in and ask them to put me back on the iPhone plan without actually having my iPhone with me, just tell them it is at home?

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
See this is the same situation I am in and a lot of people that sold their iPhone before the "announcement date". Will we be able to get the good price? I am using and old phone right now and had to chance my plan but can I walk in and ask them to put me back on the iPhone plan without actually having my iPhone with me, just tell them it is at home?
That may only work if you say you want to keep the original iPhone on it's "current" line and then put a new iPhone 3G on a 2nd $9.99 line. Then maybe cancel the original line later on?

lostman24

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
That may only work if you say you want to keep the original iPhone on it's "current" line and then put a new iPhone 3G on a 2nd $9.99 line. Then maybe cancel the original line later on?
Oh man...I hope I don't have to do all that crap....I hope I can just ask them to switch it back to the iPhone plan I was one three week ago.