Ok next question.

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Link182kidd, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Link182kidd

Link182kidd Member
    Bronze

So if you come on here a lot you probably saw my previous post where i was unsure about sticking with iPhone and IOS but anyway i decided to stay.

Basically can anyone help me, does your captured video files HAVE TO save to pictures? Can you change it to save to videos? Thanks guys!

Sent using iPhone 5.

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I just saw that 'videos' is for movies or clips downloaded from the iTunes Store, thereforee I believe there isn't a way to change where captured video doesn't go to pictures. I searched settings and I did not see anything regarding this.

Sent using iCafe app

3. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

You can get it there, but it wouldn't happen automatically, and it does involve a few steps. Sync with iTunes, making sure you have Sync Photos checked off before the sync. The movie will end up in iPhoto. Go to iPhoto, highlight your movie and copy it to your Desktop. You'll have a .MOV file; convert it to .MP4 with your favorite video conversion utility (mine happens to be Handbrake). Import the resulting file into iTunes. Immediately after importing, right click on it, then Get Info. Click on the Options tab. Under "Media Kind," select Movie or Music Video, whichever you prefer. Sync with iTunes and you'll find your video on your phone under the category you selected above.

You could use the Bump app to get the file from your iPhone to your Desktop, saving yourself quite a few steps.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Jailbroken:
    Install PhotoAlbums+.

Stock:
    Create a new folder for videos. This can be done on the phone. It's not as good as PhotoAlbums+ because it will also still show up in the camera roll and you'll just have to ignore it, but at least you can have all your videos in one folder and it's not a hassle like some of the other methods.

5. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

For Stock: Will all videos end up in that folder after it's created? Or does the user still have to move each video, as it is shot, manually into that folder?

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You have to manually move them. It works kinda like a link. It doesn't actually create a duplicate file so it doesn't use more file space.