OK now I'm starting to panic

micirv7899

Bronze
Sep 19, 2007
Newcastle, UK
i used ibrickr to load try and load pxl files onto my iPhone it siad it was shuffling files around then froze, now my iPhone wont connect to anything not iTunes, ibrickr or winappinstaller, when itry to reactivate my phone it just says it cant communicate with the iPhone. Any ideas, help would be much appreciated.

micirv7899

Bronze
Sep 19, 2007
Newcastle, UK
it wont let me retore either and is stuck in connect to iTunes mode. keeps coming up connect restore due to unknown error, someone please help!

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
it wont let me retore either and is stuck in connect to iTunes mode. keeps coming up connect restore due to unknown error, someone please help!
Can you still connect to Installer.app from your phone?

micirv7899

Bronze
Sep 19, 2007
Newcastle, UK
This what i m getting:

Looking for restore files
Ramdisk: 009-7698-4.dmg
Kernelcache: kernelcache.release.s5l8900xrb
Unable to subscribe to notifications
Error initializing communications with iPhone.
USBMuxListenerCreate: No error

Its stuck on yellow triangle now it wont restore in iTunes.

i think i ve f**ked it.

ATT*Mark

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
with it connected to iTunes press the home button and power on/off button till you see the restore screen again.

Aug 28, 2007
Los Angeles
www.myspace.com
Lol...

I'm sorry guys but, thats what happens when you guys modify and don't know what the heck your doing....

Rule #1: Spend 600$. So leave phone alone!
Rule #2: If you are unhappy, return for a 90% refund, and build your own.
Rule #3: You'll end up buying the iPhone again because theres nothing better,
So just go buy it again....
HA.... :p

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I'm sorry guys but, thats what happens when you guys modify and don't know what the heck your doing....

Fanboi much?

micirv7899

Bronze
Sep 19, 2007
Newcastle, UK
Well that was helpful, if i wanted sarcasm i would of asked for it, what i need is answer to my problem, i ve tried restoring from iTunes it just says

unable to restore iPhone due to unknown error (1604).

Come on guys, i know i f**ked up, but i need to help with this one or i ve got a brick, i live in the uk so i cant take it back or put it in for repair.

micirv7899

Bronze
Sep 19, 2007
Newcastle, UK
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I ve sorted it, i downloaded a older version of iTunes (7.4.1) and tried to retore and it worked, and best of all my phone is still sim free.

Thanks to the guys who tried to help me, that was cool.

To the sarcasm guy, your a dick.:mad:

startvia

Sep 23, 2007
a got the same error 1604

hello Please let me know which version did you use,
I got the same error. thanks

wisegrape

Sep 23, 2007
I'm glad you got it. I too tried first with iFuntastic (I think version 3) with iTunes 7.4 ( or could have been 7.4.1) and couldn't get anywhere. The phone wouldn't do anything. just a yellow triangle. I was freaking out and couldn't seem to find any help out there so I know your pain. I was finally able to get it restored (Don't ask me how as I don't remember as I was trying everything). I now used installer.app and all is good. Many times people are too quick to judge when there is so much information all scattered about about the iPhone mods and it was changing so fast that is was really difficult to keep up with the latest. It has calmed down a bit but still needs accurate data and up to date guides. I'm looking for a procedure to get the phone back to factory and keep my existing number. I want to be able to wipe out all of the settings so there isn't any hint of a mod done to the phone. I'm not going to try anything until I'm 100% sure it's what I need and will work. Will continue to search...

ciaran00

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007

Way to go being a dick instead of answering the guy. Please just refrain from hitting reply if you're gonna do it next time.

I think it's great he's trying to mod it.

To the OP, and everyone else in a bind:
I would recommend 7.3.2 if you're into doing your own ringtones anyway. Hitting home + power for 25s+ with it connected to iTunes 7.3.2 should do the trick...
http://filehippo.com/download_iTunes/?3005

micirv7899

Bronze
Sep 19, 2007
Newcastle, UK
Actually guys it was 7.4.2 i used to restore the phone so this guy is right.

Hope you all get your phones sorted:cool: