Ok, so I jumped...

Jun 20, 2009
San Francisco
...on the iPhone bandwagon. After reading a few threads, I still have some questions and am hoping you lovely folks out there can help me.

1) My cranky PC does not want to recognize my iPhone/ usb connection. I got it on there long enough to download music and register but now they are not speaking again. Do I need to be connected to activate or can I just leave the phone sitting there?

2) It is saying that Windows does not recognize the device, I have rebooted everything to no avail...any suggestions?

Thanks for the help! :mad:

musicmanmu

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
WV
Do you have iTunes on your computer? If so, is it the latest version? That would be the first thing I'd check.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
It may be a USB problem. When I have a USB problem, I usually go into Device Manager and remove the USBs, then restart the computer and it will find them as new hardware and reinstall the drivers. Can't hurt. Maybe try different USB ports on your pc first.

eguang

Oct 7, 2007
I had the same exact issue after the 3.0 upgraded bricked my V1 phone. The solution was:
-Go to add/remove programs and remove an Apple mobile device program, in fact remove everything that says Apple
-Also remove iTunes
-Download and re-install iTunes
-Plug your phone, and this time it will download the Apple usb driver properly.

In my case what hapened is that something got "corrupted" in the interface of the windows usb-Apple usb device driver - iTunes (I am using laymen's term on the components names).