OK so I signed up....

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
...but where the hell are my push emails. I have sent a number of test emails to my sparkling new .me address but although they come through when i check into the email section of the phone like all my other pull email (i.e. gmail). I get no indication of the there arrival on the main screen of the phone. I thought that's what push offered. Its seems more like pushing an elephant up the stairs compared to my work blackberry. Is there something I'm missing or am I one of the 1%!

Clever thinking Apple ....really 1% does anyone believe this. Come on Steve!

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Did you check and make sure that your Push is set to on?

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Did you check and make sure that your Push is set to on?
yeah it's set to push. I have updated a few contacts on the phone and they have gone to the cloud. When I just checked in to my email on the phone. They are reaching the cloud and are on the web based mobile me site but are not being pushed to the phone.

Does push email need the mobile network or is wifi enough?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Well either one would be okay. But a lot of people have been saying Mobile Me doesn't push any e-mail, and I think that's what is going on. MM isn't ready/fully working yet, and there's not really anything anyone except Apple can do right now.

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
would you say it's greater than the 1% Apple are saying

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
I'm not sure what you're talking about... I guess I'm missing out on something?
on Apples web site they say less than 1% are now having problems with their email. I'd post the link but I am on my phone.

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
I deleted everything and started again.....I think it might be working? Need to do a few more tests

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
yeap it's working. The old switch off and switch on trick does it again

stewcp

Bronze
Jul 24, 2007
Bristol, UK
i know you said that Push is on, but have you set the 3 options in the mail account for your MobileMe to push the contact, calendars and email?