Ok, so what do I NEED TO BRING to buy the iPhone?

lostman24

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
I am 18 and under my dad's account so I guess I need to call ATT to tell them to add me as a main guy on the account right? Anyway, do I need to bring his Social Security Number? His ID? My ID? What all do I need?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I am 18 and under my dad's account so I guess I need to call ATT to tell them to add me as a main guy on the account right? Anyway, do I need to bring his Social Security Number? His ID? My ID? What all do I need?
Have them add you as one of the main persons on the account. And you wont need anything accept your payment type.

Since youre already an AT&T customer, you shouldnt need the SSN or his or your ID.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
If you don't call and have yourself added (you will need the account holder's SSN) then you will want to know his SSN on the day of the purchase. Don't forget a Credit Card and cash (if you want to pay that way).

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
If you don't call and have yourself added (you will need the account holder's SSN) then you will want to know his SSN on the day of the purchase. Don't forget a Credit Card and cash (if you want to pay that way).
The last 4 digits. Not the whole thing...I think...

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
wait so you can just call and make yourself a main person on an account

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
wait so you can just call and make yourself a main person on an account
You need to have whosever name is on the account call and do it. Or just say its them if you know their password.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
so if there is a security password on the account, my id and the last four digits of the ssn wont be enough to activate my iPhone?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
You should watch AT&T's iReady video. It explains a lot of this stuff.

- John

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Last four of his SSN# should be enough, but call the store first to verify.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
i think this can be done online - have your dad log into his account and view his profile. there's an option at the bottom called "Authorized Users - Retail Store" where he can add you as someone who can edit his account in a retail store without needing him to be present.

Attachments

notoriousthug87

Bronze
Oct 6, 2007
i think this can be done online - have your dad log into his account and view his profile. there's an option at the bottom called "Authorized Users - Retail Store" where he can add you as someone who can edit his account in a retail store without needing him to be present.
Can I also add myself as an authorized user since at the moment I am with t-mobile but on friday i will add a line on my moms account and get the iPhone,would i stil need her to come in with me or if i add my name as an authorized user,can i go in by myself to add a line to her account?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
If you don't currently have an line on your mom's account, then they can't make you an authorized user. You really need to call the AT&T store and check with them. IF you had a line already on your mother's account as a family talk plan, then it wouldn't be any problem to just use her SSN#. Make the call and be certain before you waste your time waiting in line.

notoriousthug87

Bronze
Oct 6, 2007
If you don't currently have an line on your mom's account, then they can't make you an authorized user. You really need to call the AT&T store and check with them. IF you had a line already on your mother's account as a family talk plan, then it wouldn't be any problem to just use her SSN#. Make the call and be certain before you waste your time waiting in line.
I just talked to an att rep online and she said it wouldn't be a problem as long as im an authorized account user...she didn't say anything about me being with tmobile is a problem.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
what if your family account has a security code you don't know on it, will they need that to upgrade the V1 plan to the 3G plan?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
what if your family account has a security code you don't know on it, will they need that to upgrade the V1 plan to the 3G plan?
Of course itll be. Thats for the entire account, not just the current plans.
The 3G plan is part of the account so ...

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
Ohh...sorry. Read your post wrong. :p

And yes they will need the security code to do anything on the account.
dang ill find a way around this, because for some odd reason nobody in my family knows anything about this security code