ok. the real deal. has iPhone thought abt me too?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

sahilomar

Jul 27, 2007
i dig the iPhone. bottom line. its revolutionary & i'm smitten. haven't used it yet (i'm in uk), but waiting patiently to get my hands on 1. i've a few things i want from a phone which i've to have, before choosing to buy 1. no matter how good rest of it is. 1 is the missed call, sms alert -the one that beeps every 5 mins or so if you happen to be in another room etc.

this can still be overlooked but I definitely NEED to have application lock. more specifically, my text msgs need to be seen only by me, accessible by password ;). (i promise nothing sinister going on, just to avoid my pesky friends)

so now i pop the question. dear iPhone lovers, give me the good news please! has iPhone thought abt me too? does it have such an option on board? tell me & i'll buy 1 right away!

waiting patiently.

Zman-iPhone

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
no

not yet anyway.
there is gonna be a v1.1 update in less than 2 months, a bunch of new crap is gonna be added. probably one of the things is an app lock :)

still buy one.

alexster

Jul 15, 2007
this is exactly what i was looking for too: a lock on the txt message app.

friends ask to see my phone and sometimes i don't give it cause i have some very private txts

sahilomar

Jul 27, 2007
thx 4 the info. looking fwd to it and desperately hoping steve jobs or his team has the relevant brainwave to put the option in.

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
thx 4 the info. looking fwd to it and desperately hoping steve jobs or his team has the relevant brainwave to put the option in.
This is a general problem with with all such devices; you have so much personal infobon them ans someone wants to browse it... Email, text nessages, photo, notess. There's bound to be something you don't want someone to see. I personally have a problem asking people to "see" their phones.

Having said that I think Palm had a good solution with letting you mark individual records in any application as private then allowing you to hide or mask private records. I wish the iPhone hax this feature.

Poor old Palm, they had a great thing TEN (count them 10) years ago but were too slow and too small to keep the competition at bay... But I digress...

sahilomar

Jul 27, 2007
app lock lovers please let your feedback be known

hey guys thanks for the replies to my post. its good to know that i'm not the only one to suffer from peskyfriendos-phobia! :laugh2: i've just done something naughty. Apple has a feedback form for lots of its products including iPhone. i've raised my concern about the feature we all would love to have in the next iPhone update. i've also written about the call, sms reminder every 5 mins, which is a pretty cool feature too you guys may agree. but along with that i also posted the same message to all the other feedback forms in the site, (there are 45 in total!) and told them to fwd the post to the relevant department. the aim: to get as much attention as possible about the feature. i've attached the link. you guys can all leave a message in the iPhone form. you may also be in the naughty mood i was in. :cool: good luck and ciao!

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html