Okay to buy an iPad mini from Canada?

Discussion in 'iPad mini with retina display' started by Got_famous06, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Got_famous06

Got_famous06 Member
    Bronze

just a quick question, i got it off amazon but it looks like its coming from Ontario, Canada. living in the US the device should have any problem right ? i once got a iPhone from the Apple store here (i live in las vegas) but it was coded to work for cuba or something like that and it was giving me problems so i had to get it replaced. i don't want the same problem with the ipad

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Who is the seller?

3. Got_famous06

Got_famous06 Member
    Bronze

its "the corner store"

4. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Looks ok to me. I don't get the Cuba thing. What did Apple say happened on that?

5. Got_famous06

Got_famous06 Member
    Bronze

unfortunately it was 2 years ago when the 5 first came out, and i don't quite remember what was wrong but i went back to Apple and they did a diagnostics were they take a code from the phone and put it in there little hand held thing and it came back that the phone wasn't from usa or "north america" region. and it was giving (me again don't quite remember) the problem, so they changed out the phone. i just don't want to run into a problem buying a product from another country.

6. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I don't think you'll have an issue. It should work no differently than an iPad mini purchased here in the US.

7. Got_famous06

Got_famous06 Member
    Bronze

ok cool, thanks !

8. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Either way, please report back and let us know how you make out.

9. Got_famous06

Got_famous06 Member
    Bronze

so far its working good, iv got it jailbroken and running. if anything else comes up ill post back

10. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

For what its worth, most of the larger metropolitan areas in Canada have 1 if not more Apple Stores , and many many authorized resellers...... There is no difference between the products and accessories sold in Canada and what is available in the USA .

11. Got_famous06

Got_famous06 Member
    Bronze

so iv had my ipad for about 5 days now, got it jailbroken and so far so good!