Okay to buy an iPad mini from Canada?

Got_famous06

Bronze
Jan 26, 2014
just a quick question, i got it off amazon but it looks like its coming from Ontario, Canada. living in the US the device should have any problem right ? i once got a iPhone from the Apple store here (i live in las vegas) but it was coded to work for cuba or something like that and it was giving me problems so i had to get it replaced. i don't want the same problem with the ipad

Got_famous06

Bronze
Jan 26, 2014
unfortunately it was 2 years ago when the 5 first came out, and i don't quite remember what was wrong but i went back to Apple and they did a diagnostics were they take a code from the phone and put it in there little hand held thing and it came back that the phone wasn't from usa or "north america" region. and it was giving (me again don't quite remember) the problem, so they changed out the phone. i just don't want to run into a problem buying a product from another country.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I don't think you'll have an issue. It should work no differently than an iPad mini purchased here in the US.

Got_famous06

Bronze
Jan 26, 2014
so far its working good, iv got it jailbroken and running. if anything else comes up ill post back

dmoskaluk

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 22, 2013
Paynes Bay - Barbados
For what its worth, most of the larger metropolitan areas in Canada have 1 if not more Apple Stores , and many many authorized resellers...... There is no difference between the products and accessories sold in Canada and what is available in the USA .

Got_famous06

Bronze
Jan 26, 2014
so iv had my ipad for about 5 days now, got it jailbroken and so far so good!