[OLD] How to save 35% on the new iPhone using msn live

iGal

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
SoCal
You need a live/bing.com/msn account for this to work. Go to bing.com and click on sign in/sign up and follow the steps.

As for the cashback:

Step 1: Go to msn.com

Step 2: Type "att" in the search bar

Step 3: Click on "Wireless" in the left sidebar

Step 4: Click on the first "Sponsored Sites" result

Step 5: Enter your bing.com email address

Step 6: Click through att.com and buy your iPhone 3Gs!

After 1-2 days, your cashback will show up as "pending" in your bing.com account. You'll have to wait a few weeks for it to be available to "claim," at which point you can either have it sent to your paypal account, direct-deposited into your bank account, or request a personal check.

:laugh2:

I just did it this morning, and am waiting for it to show up... one of my friends did it yesterday and her cashback showed up as "pending" in her account this morning.

Edited to add: I probably should disclaim that I'm not affiliated with MSN, bing.com, AT&T or Apple in any way/shape/form.

enterbinginfo-1.jpg attcashbacklink.jpg clickonwireless.jpg enterbinginfo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

iGal

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
SoCal
Interesting...can anyone confirm if this is legit?
All I know is that it worked for my friend. I'm kind of anxious to see if/when it'll show up in my account as 'pending.' I will update if/when it does.

I've used this (it used to be live.com) for eBay purchases in the past and it worked very easily, so at least the site itself is legit... the only speed bump I could foresee is if there's some exception for the iPhone. Which they would have to disclaim, yeah?

sonicwind

Bronze
May 12, 2008
Looks legit. For some reason I did not get the offer when browsing using Firefox. Not sure if it was Firefox or if some cookie showed I'd already been browsing ATT or Apple. Worked from IE. I am suspicious that it will ultimately not go through based on some restriction. If you read the FAQ it says "a store may have further restrictions for getting cashback rewards" without any specific requirement.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
That sounds too good to be true. This means a $299 iPhone could be reduced by $104. I highly doubt this, and you know what they say about things sounding too good to be true.

iGal

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
SoCal
That sounds too good to be true. This means a $299 iPhone could be reduced by $104. I highly doubt this, and you know what they say about things sounding too good to be true.
Yep, it's entirely possible that it wouldn't work, but like I said, it did for my friend... then again, it having worked for "my friend" won't mean much to strangers on the interwebs ;) This thing is huge over at the purse forum (forum.purseblog.com), everyone uses it over there.

The deal with this is that it goes up and down. You can't always get anything listed at a 35% discount... some days it might be 35%, some days it might be 8%, some days it's not even on there. It's a promotion... and your cashback will depend on what you're buying, through where, and when.

I bought a $850 handbag at a 40% discount using live cashback this past February. I was eying an XBox but took too long to make a decision and the cashback dropped from 30% to 5%.

So, obviously don't take me "at my word" if you would only be willing to buy the iPhone *IF* you're going to get cashback, but if you were gonna buy it anyway (as I was), it's worth a shot.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Yep, it's entirely possible that it wouldn't work, but like I said, it did for my friend... then again, it having worked for "my friend" won't mean much to strangers on the interwebs ;) This thing is huge over at the purse forum (forum.purseblog.com), everyone uses it over there.

The deal with this is that it goes up and down. You can't always get anything listed at a 35% discount... some days it might be 35%, some days it might be 8%, some days it's not even on there. It's a promotion... and your cashback will depend on what you're buying, through where, and when.

I bought a $850 handbag at a 40% discount using live cashback this past February. I was eying an XBox but took too long to make a decision and the cashback dropped from 30% to 5%.

So, obviously don't take me "at my word" if you would only be willing to buy the iPhone *IF* you're going to get cashback, but if you were gonna buy it anyway (as I was), it's worth a shot.
Thanks for posting this. It will be interesting to see if it works for anyone. I have already purchased the new iPhone 3GS though. It if it does work for others that is great!

sonicwind

Bronze
May 12, 2008
Isn't an $850 handbag marked up like 10,000% over cost to begin with?

iGal

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
SoCal
Isn't an $850 handbag marked up like 10,000% over cost to begin with?
In most cases, no, but what does that have to do with anything?

And fashion is totally a luxury, but a necessary one for me. Though that's neither here nor there. I was just trying to give an example of it having worked for a high-ticket item (I got $340 cashback for pete's sake), exponentially higher than an iPhone even, in the past.

sonicwind

Bronze
May 12, 2008
In most cases, no, but what does that have to do with anything?
Nothing coming from a guy who has $5000 worth of sports equipment stacked in his breakfast area that hasn't been used in months. Anyone want to buy a dirtsurfer? Some old windsurfing equipment? How about a unicycle? Anyone, anyone?

iGal

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
SoCal
Nothing coming from a guy who has $5000 worth of sports equipment stacked in his breakfast area that hasn't been used in months. Anyone want to buy a dirtsurfer? Some old windsurfing equipment? How about a unicycle? Anyone, anyone?
Oh, I see, you were just trying to poke fun at my spending habits based upon something that I posted in the hopes of helping others save money. Cool. :p

I thought you were trying to make some connection between markup and cashback.

couch

Jun 9, 2008
Thanks I just did this now. Let me knwo if it works for you.

Tarmac

Mar 29, 2008
So you all successfuly ordered without the order getting canceled within a few hours?

iGal

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
SoCal
So you all successfuly ordered without the order getting canceled within a few hours?
I did it just this morning, so I suppose the jury is still out. The cashback hasn't shown up in my account, but it's supposed to take 1-2 days. It took one for my friend that did it.

I'll update as soon as it shows up in my acct, and again when it's available to "claim" (there's a "pending" period).

musicmanmu

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
WV
If something appears too good to be true, then...

iGal

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
SoCal
If something appears too good to be true, then...
The site itself is certainly not "too good to be true" as it has a fantastically reliable track record... it's just a question of whether or not AT&T will be a problem. Like I said:

Moral of the story being, if you (the proverbial you) weren't going to get the 3GS, don't do it just because of this (besides, a sale isn't a a reason to buy anything, anyway). But if you were going to buy it, why not give it a shot?

drewatl

Bronze
Jul 5, 2008
Atlanta
www.twitter.com
I hope this works, I'm eligible for an upgrade on the 19th of August. I really don't want to wait TWO months! So, if I did my math correctly. I would be paying $499, but now it will cost me $343 (including the $18 upgrade fee).

May 6, 2007
United States
I'm not sure how this will work.

Just because it shows up as 'pending,' does that really mean you're going to get the cash?

I too am on the line of "too good to be true," but let me know if it works, please.

Either way, thanks for posting.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Let us know if this works! I am very curious.