[OLD] How to save 35% on the new iPhone using msn live

DocHolliday

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
That's exactly why the time is 2 months in the future. Always pending for 60 days, mine is too.
And I can live with that. I spoke to their support people and yes it is a 60 day verification period. You'll get the money back, just not right away. It's like a mail in rebate without having to mail anything in as far as time goes.

JPSwartz1

Bronze
Apr 19, 2009
Colorado Baby!
Just received this message from Bing. So count yourselves lucky if got the cashback from anything but a new line & phone purchase.

"Thank you for contacting Bing cashback Customer Support!
AT&T considers an upgrade any new phone you purchase for an existing line of service. To be eligible for cashback for an iPhone you would need to start a new line of service and activate the phone under that line and it can not be an add a line. Since this was an existing line of service and you purchased a new phone for that line it is considered an upgrade.
I understand that you are frustrated with the AT&T terms and conditions. If you need further clarification on the AT&T terms I would recommend contacting AT&T customer support."

iGal

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
SoCal
bing cs response

This is the response I got to my inquiry, for whatever it's worth.

Hello iGal,

Thank you for contacting Bing cashback Customer Support! My name is Stu S. and I will be assisting you with Service Request regarding your missing purchase

I am so sorry that you've had any issue or problem with your cashback, iGal. Thank you for all the data that you've included with your email. I am sorry, but we have been asked at AT&T not to credit these iPhone pre-orders until the order is finally processed and charged to your charge card, and you have received that notification.

When that happens, iGal, please reply to this email with a copy of the AT&T Store order confirmation email that is generated at that time.
Let me review the data I have from you so far, iGal:
Live ID: xxxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com
Other: xxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com

. Merchant name AT&T Store
. Order date 6/11/09
. Merchant order number 55555555555
. Order subtotal excluding shipping, tax, and discounts or coupons $199.00
. Items that were purchased (with quantity & price)
Apple iPhone 3G S - 16 GB - White 1 $199.00
. Method of payment Credit Card (AmEx)
Cashback amount or percentage expected:

Once your order is finished processing and charge, and we receive this data from you, iGal, we will review your transaction with the merchant and credit any applicable cash back.

Thank you, iGal, for contacting Bing cashback Customer Support.
Warmest regards,
Stu S.
Customer Service Representative

nbviper

Bronze
Jan 20, 2009
MA
Looks like Bing is starting to close the 'hole' in this cashback deal.

iGal - Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I've been using Bing (live) cashback and fatwallet cashback for some time now, but almost completely forgot about it on this purchase. I've still got my cashback sitting in my account pending, hopefully it'll make it the 60 days.

iGal

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
SoCal
Looks like Bing is starting to close the 'hole' in this cashback deal.

iGal - Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I've been using Bing (live) cashback and fatwallet cashback for some time now, but almost completely forgot about it on this purchase. I've still got my cashback sitting in my account pending, hopefully it'll make it the 60 days.
I hope so, too!

I'm looking forward to people checking in again if/when their cashback clears. I do hope this works for at least some of the people who've tried it. :)

aznboiser

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
yeah.. seems like all the upgrading people won't be getting their cashback..including me. i should have just ordered through Apple. i don't think i will get mine till mid next week.

IBJanky

Bronze
Jun 12, 2009
Long Beach, CA
yeah.. seems like all the upgrading people won't be getting their cashback..including me. i should have just ordered through Apple. i don't think i will get mine till mid next week.
Well, it was worth a shot... 'til all these people called and now they know about it, and messed it up for the rest of us.

myke

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
If you have pending cashback, I think it is more difficult for them to remove it than to deny someone who they haven't issued it to already. Not more difficult in the physicality of it, just they probably don't want to deal w/ the backlash and upset customers.

east1999bt

Dec 25, 2007
I would like to get the bing cashback - which means I'll have to order online, correct? Is there a way where I can order online and pick up in store, AND still get a good attempt at the cashback?

My situation is I bought the iPhone 3G as a new ATT customer back in the beginning of July 2008, like a week after it came out. So I was due to be eligible for an upgrade on 7/21/2009, however since ATT came out with relaxed upgrade rules, I can upgrade today for the regular $299 price!

So I'm going for the 32GB iPhone 3Gs but from the sounds of recent posts, it seems like this cashback deal is dead? If I have to wait 7-14 days for the phone to arrive only to find out that my bing cashback is denied, I'd much rather get it in stores right away... What do you guys think?

east1999bt

Dec 25, 2007
east, if you'd rather get it right away, I'd buy it in store.
I'd rather get the cashback even if I have to wait 7-14 days for the phone to arrive. I just don't want to wait if the cashback doesn't even work.

I guess what I'm asking is if there's a way to attempt the cashback and ALSO pick up in stores... if not I'll just attempt the cashback online, wait for the phone, and hope for the best.

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
No, there is not a way to do both. Be advised, if you are upgrading a line, the cashback will not work. The new e-mails coming out blatantly say "upgrade" on them and Bing will deny the rebate.

iGal

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
SoCal
So bing CS told me that they "have been asked at AT&T not to credit these iPhone pre-orders until the order is finally processed and charged to your charge card, and you have received that notification." When that happens, I'm supposed to "please reply to this email with a copy of the AT&T Store order confirmation email that is generated at that time."

I never got any notification from AT&T after the initial order confirmations (I got two, one from
order@ecommerce.wireless.att-mail.com confirming the order and then a second from order@ecom.wireless.att-mail.com two days later saying that it was being processed, but nothing about charge confirmation), and those were what I sent to bing CS and what they said were not the right emails.

Has anyone received anything resembling a charge confirmation? Or did bing CS mess up and what they actually want is the second email that I got about it being processed?

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
Well, I'll be darned! The Bing Cashback deal does work! Here's a screenshot of the e-mail I got.
Thanks again, iGal...

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I would buy the 32GB if I was 100% sure this worked but I'm scared to be stuck paying $100 more. ktownerxx213, did you upgrade or did you open a new line?