old iPhone trade in?

Maaz

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
LA California
i heard from someone that Apple will allow us to trade in old iPhones for the new ones by paying extra or something. is this true?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Nope. Someone's pulling your leg. At&t is allowing all existing AT&T iPhone users to buy a new one and just extend their contract for two more years. If people aren't available for an AT&T upgrade (non iPhone users), they're out of luck. They don't even have a non commitment price.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
The only way Apple is going to let you exchange an old iPhone for a new one is if you purchased the iPhone after May 27, 2008. Otherwise, there is no upgrade policy.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
The only way Apple is going to let you exchange an old iPhone for a new one is if you purchased the iPhone after May 27, 2008. Otherwise, there is no upgrade policy.
And they still have to pay a restocking fee to do that.

chrissurra

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Apple usually has a 10% rebate if you trade in an older ipod when you buy a new one, who knows if they will honor that with the iPhones. I doubt it.

From their website

A free iPod recycling program, conducted through Apple’s retail stores, offers environmentally friendly disposal and a 10 percent discount on the purchase of a new iPod.
http://www.apple.com/environment/recycling/

marklynn70

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Oldsmar, Florida
www.myspace.com
Apple usually has a 10% rebate if you trade in an older ipod when you buy a new one, who knows if they will honor that with the iPhones. I doubt it.
I would rather have 10% of my original purchase price applied to my new phone rather than have 10% off of the new phone purchase price. :laugh2:

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Who told you that! because I wanna pimp slap them lol!

Eventhough Apple is a great company, its almost common sense like to know that theres a high chance this wouldn't happen :)