old iPod to new iPod

Discussion in 'iPod Touch' started by SweepeR, Oct 17, 2012.

1. SweepeR

SweepeR Member
    Bronze

I have a very old iPod that has songs on it from a computer I no longer use.

If I do an iTunes sync to my current system would it save all the songs on their or would i lose all my songS?

I ask because I have a new iPod on the way and I don't want to lose these old songs on my old ipod as i am giving it away once my new one comes in.

any help on how to keep or store these songs?

2. Hayesimus

Hayesimus Contributor
    Bronze

If you authorize your current computer using the same Apple ID then it should transfer purchases from your old iPod to your computer. That means songs purchased through iTunes. Any that came from CDs originally will not transfer. There is a better solution but I am not sure if it free or not. I can't remember but I think there was a small purchase price for this program called TuneAid. It will transfer all music from your old iPod into a folder on your computer which can then be added to your iTunes library. Then when your new iPod comes you can sync it. Lemme know if that helps!

3. SweepeR

SweepeR Member
    Bronze

thanks for the info. is that app for ipod or do i D/L on my computer?

4. Hayesimus

Hayesimus Contributor
    Bronze

You download it on your computer. I used it before when my old computer was fried and I bought a laptop. It worked great. I'm sure there are other programs or solutions but that one worked for me.

5. Hayesimus

Hayesimus Contributor
    Bronze

And if for some reason the program doesn't detect your iPod when you connect it to your computer, just restart your computer and your iPod and then it should work.

6. SweepeR

SweepeR Member
    Bronze

thanks it worked !

7. Hayesimus

Hayesimus Contributor
    Bronze

Glad I could help! If you had photos or things like that I think there is another version of the app called disk aid that can retrieve things like that.

8. SweepeR

SweepeR Member
    Bronze

i used diskaid to do the songs not tuneaid

9. Hayesimus

Hayesimus Contributor
    Bronze

Oh really? Lol when I had used it you had to get TuneAid for songs. Guess they changed it.