Old mp3 player

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
Years ago I bought an iriver h320 mp3 player. I let my dad borrow it for awhile and while he was using it he accidentally put it in the washing machine with his clothes. He bought me an iPod to replace it. Just today I was cleaning some things out and stumbled upon it and figured what the hell, I'll see if it decides to work. Just my luck the thing turned on. I charged the battery up and started trying to use it however all of the buttons now operate as a play/pause button. No volume control, no skipping songs. I can't even turn the thing off. So far anyone out there who knows anything about electronics, is there anything I can do to fix this? I looked up online about replacing the firmware but I can't do that without having the buttons on the device working properly. I can take the thing apart, I'm just not sure what to look for and what to replace in it. I'd love to get this thing working again, it's still in mint condition and has some pretty damn good music on it so if anyone has any ideas post them!

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
I am not familiar with the device. Is there a reset button on it?

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
Yeah there is one on the side but it isn't fixing the buttons. What I want to do is update the firmware but so far the only way I can find to do it is putting the firmware file on the device then I have to navigate on the device to firmware upgrade mode which is impossible at the moment.