Old notes on my phone - not mine.

Discussion in 'iPhone 5C' started by Oneman, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Oneman

Oneman New Member

I bought a new iPhone 5c in March 2014, and I have recently noticed that it has old notes from 2011, 2012 and 2013!

Is this common? They are personal notes of somebody, I don't know who, in English and Hebrew.

I'm not looking to find a 'solution', but rather am wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Thanks

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

These would likely come from the associated iCloud account. Not sure if it's possible, but maybe a third party notes app put 'sample' notes in the Notes app?

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Open the Settings app and go to iCloud. Is the previous owner logged in? If so, you have much bigger problems than their personal notes being on the phone. If they are logged in and Find My iPhone is on, you will not be able to remove their account or restore this device. If they are logged in and Find My iPhone is off, you can delete their email account from iCloud and this will delete the notes. If someone else is logged in, it is not a new device as you said. In fact, it could possibly be a stolen device that you bought.