OLD vs NEW

srvfan75

Jul 24, 2007
How many of you are going to get rid of your old Ipphone for the new ones? I hate to give mine up so soon...

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I think I am going to keep my old one after I get the new. Main reason is that my current one is jailbroken and there are a lot of programs that I really enjoy. Once the new one either has a good selection of programs available through iTunes, or has a way to be jailbroken, then I will abandon my old phone and give it to one of my sons to use as an iPod.

RandomAlec

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
I'm replacing old with new, going to sell my old one to someone already waiting to buy it for $150, and if they change their mind it will be up on Ebay. :)

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
If I get the new one, I believe I'll keep my old one as well. I'll keep up with the homebrew scene with my old one.

RandomAlec

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
$150? That's all?

Joe
Well, yeah good point, I think I'll just tell him to forget it because yeah I can definitely join the crowd and sell it for more on Ebay. Then again, it's only the antique 4 GB version. :p

atldvd

Bronze
Jan 8, 2008
N.E. Oklahoma
I decided to sell mine and wait for a new one. It is used, not jailbroken or unlocked, and in good condition. I put it on eBay around 9PM with a buy it now of $385. It sold and I had the paypal money before 5AM the next day! I guess I should have asked for more, but that was only $15 less than I paid for it. Now I'm waiting eagerly for the new one!

BTW, AT&T let me remove the iPhone data plan from that number. I gave the number to my son who put it on a phone he already had.

aikopua3

Jun 9, 2007
Pittsburgh, Pa.
when i get the new, i will give the old to my partner. he was going to get one anyway, but suggested that he hold off till 3g came out.