Oleophobic coating scratches?

Leo

Zealot
Silver
Nov 9, 2008
Calgary, AB
Just wondering, has anyone else had any issues with getting scratches on the screen?

What happened was I had my iPhone in my pocket, and in haste I accidentally threw my keys in the wrong pocket (Le gasp!). I take out my iPhone, and there's a scratch on the screen from the keys. It's small, and not really noticeable, but it's definitely there. I ran my fingernail over it and it's a hairline groove, not just something I can wipe off.

jeremymobile

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Same thing here, being very careful. But it does feel different than the other touch screens on the prior iPhones.

Maaz

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
LA California
dude me too man and ive been REALLY careful. all my other iPhones lasted for a year and not one single scratch and this one scratches in 3 days....

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
it will scratch if you're not careful. I basically have an "iPhone" pocket and I never even gotten scratches on my old screen protector on my old 3G (and that plastic thing scratches very easy).

Leo

Zealot
Silver
Nov 9, 2008
Calgary, AB
it will scratch if you're not careful. I basically have an "iPhone" pocket and I never even gotten scratches on my old screen protector on my old 3G (and that plastic thing scratches very easy).
I'm not too worried about the plastic housing.

But yeah I usually have the iPhone pocket you described as well, so I'm not sure why I decided to throw my keys into that pocket.. :(

iksn

Silver
Aug 7, 2008
Near Las Vegas
I use a holster. It protects the screen, but when you snap the phone off to use it, you are using the naked screen. The only way to go........... (for me)

busadude

Bronze
May 7, 2009
thought is was fingerprint resistant not scratch resistant !

Jun 13, 2009
I think that as resiliant as the screen may be, scratches are always going to be a problem unless you're ultra careful. Thats why I always use a screen protector.