Ollo clip and purple haze

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jtsarby

Bronze
Jun 28, 2009
I know the Ollo clip does not fit the iPhone 5 but I was wondering if it would have an effect on the haze issue. Any ideas?

ITS ME DAVID

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
L.A C.A
Haze issue is only when pointed at the light or angle that the piks shouldn't be taken anyways. I have no haze problem cause I can take a picture.

jtsarby

Bronze
Jun 28, 2009
I'm glad you can take a picture. The Olloclip allows you to shoot fish eye and wide angle. My question is whether the clip makes the issue worse.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I took two photos today in my parking lot and there's no sun anywhere to be found, it's been cloudy all day and they both turned out with purple. Admitting that this is acceptable and it's users fault it's saying that Apple is right and we are holding it wrong. I should be able to take pictures of whatever I want and not have purple in it.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I've never experienced it on my iP4S in conjunction with the Olloclip. They don't make it to fit the iP5 yet so I can't really say. I don't make it a habit to frame the sun or a strong light source in low light or even have them at the edge of my shots. This will create unnecessary lens flaring. Basic photography will tell you to avoid those types of shots.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I've never experienced it on my iP4S in conjunction with the Olloclip. They don't make it to fit the iP5 yet so I can't really say. I don't make it a habit to frame the sun or a strong light source in low light or even have them at the edge of my shots. This will create unnecessary lens flaring. Basic photography will tell you to avoid those types of shots.
It gets cropped regardless but it's still not acceptable in my opinion. Basic editing can clean that, even just a simple clone, but again, not acceptable in my opinion. This camera was supposed to be better.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
The sensor on the new iP5 is more sensitive which helps it in low light but the trade off is picking up more light which will cause lens flaring.it can easily be avoided with better photography techniques. It will also happen with DSLR's. Have you ever wondered why they use lens hoods? It's to reduce lens flare. Here's the same technique with the iP5.

Without lens hood:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349636246.816783.jpg

With lens hood (my hand just out of frame to block out harsh light):

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349636261.484033.jpg

Easy peasy! :)

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
The sensor on the new iP5 is more sensitive which helps it in low light but the trade off is picking up more light which will cause lens flaring.it can easily be avoided with better photography techniques. It will also happen with DSLR's. Have you ever wondered why they use lens hoods? It's to reduce lens flare. Here's the same technique with the iP5.

Without lens hood:

View attachment 25573

With lens hood (my hand just out of frame to block out harsh light):

View attachment 25574

Easy peasy! :)
I've never had that problem so this is all new to me. It makes sense, and it doesn't bother me that much because I'm not interested in photography but editing. I just know its a pain in the butt for a lot of people, the average joe who's not a photographer. Thanks for the info thou.