OMG Apple!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
plans on selling the 3G at walmart. One of the reasons why i bought this phone is because everyone isn't walking around with one like the razor.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
plans on selling the 3G at walmart. One of the reasons why i bought this phone is because everyone isn't walking around with one like the razor.

LOL I see iPhones everywhere here in Dallas. It already is as bad as the Razr. I'm carrying my Blackberry Bold now which nobody has here in Dallas and when I don't carry it I have my Nokia N95-4 which i've only seen 2 times in the wild other than mine.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
they wanna sell it black friday so hopefully its just that on that day with limited quantities. I sound like a big hater!

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
they wanna sell it black friday so hopefully its just that on that day with limited quantities. I sound like a big hater!
Keep dreaming. If it's going to be sold at walmart on Black Friday, then it'll be sold at walmart forever thereafter. Which, I agree, sucks.:mad:

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
LOL I see iPhones everywhere here in Dallas. It already is as bad as the Razr. I'm carrying my Blackberry Bold now which nobody has here in Dallas and when I don't carry it I have my Nokia N95-4 which i've only seen 2 times in the wild other than mine.
How did you get your hands on a BB Bold?

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
Keep dreaming. If it's going to be sold at walmart on Black Friday, then it'll be sold at walmart forever thereafter. Which, I agree, sucks.:mad:
not really. on blackfridays walmart gets a lot of items in just for that day and that day only. my brother is a manager there so every year he'll let me know what they are getting just for the day.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
How did you get your hands on a BB Bold?
they are being sold unlocked everywhere if ya look hard enough (craigslist, ebay, resellers, etc). I found a preproduction AT&T branded unit that a guy that works for AT&T was peddling.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
not really. on blackfridays walmart gets a lot of items in just for that day and that day only. my brother is a manager there so every year he'll let me know what they are getting just for the day.
Let's keep our fingers crossed, then!

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
Wow, that's really elitest and obnoxious to worry that others will have access to iPhone at more places. I think it's a good thing and will bring in revenue for Apple.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
I agree impaler. This will only help Apple. More iPhones being sold which increases cash flow for Apple thus being able to perform better. Also, any company in the world would
Be stupid not to want to work with walmart. If there is ever a company that just does everything better than other, is walmart.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
I agree impaler. This will only help Apple. More iPhones being sold which increases cash flow for Apple thus being able to perform better. Also, any company in the world would
Be stupid not to want to work with walmart. If there is ever a company that just does everything better than other, is walmart.
It has been said "If you are not doing businesss with Walmart You are not doing businesss". Now on to the elitist feelings being expressed here. I agree with that feeling. When you pay 3700 for a MacBook Pro, that you could have got the same Windows configuration for 800.00. You bought the Mac first because it performs better. Secondly we (or should I say I) buy for the status of owning a Mac. I also see the Mac purchase as an investment. Look at what iPhone v1 was selling for when the 3G's came out. Apple's core customer is high end buyers. When you devalue your product you lose that high end customer. You also open the door to another high end seller coming into the market and taking your high end businesss.

Take today for instance. When Steve announces a new line of cheaper laptops. You then begin to see a loss of status for Apple products. Would the high end buyer buy a Ferrari if the pool boy could also buy one? Heck no! Also the 1200.00 MacBook is stripped down about as far as a computer can go. What configuration could they possibly sell cheaper that anyone would even want.

I think Apple should have either allowed their OS to be place on cheaper computers of another brand. Or rebranded the line of cheaper offerings (iPhone's, MacBooks and so forth) to something other than the Apple brand. I know this sounds vain, selfish and elitist but I am not liking all this devaluation at Apple at all. I'm sorry but those are my views. Mark

As A Footnote: I get so tired of people crying about the spoils of the rich. This is America anyone can attain wealth. You have to work harder and be more dedicated. Don't cry because the rich have "Put In More Work" than you...Mark

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
You have the phone firbthe wrong reason, this phone was NEVER made fir the elite to have, or as a special phone that only " ballers" can get . Apple wants units in EVERY hand and I agree, everyone should get one (if they can) I think that it is awsome that it is at wallmart, more people that can get it there!

dagoo98

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I don't understand.....when I bought the iPhone v1 for $600 everyone was saying it was too much money and Apple should lower the price. But you know what....a lot of people were passing on it because of the price so you didn't see many of them around day to day. Everyone said I'll wait until it's cheaper to get one.

Now that it's cheaper those same people who wanted it to be cheaper are upset now because so many other people are also willing to buy it/are able to afford it because of the new subsidized price. You can't please people..........

miggs1310

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
It has been said "If you are not doing businesss with Walmart You are not doing businesss". Now on to the elitest feelings being expressed here. I agree with that feeling. When you pay 3700 for a MacBook Pro, that you could have got the same Windows configuration for 800.00. You bought the Mac first because it performs better. Secondly we (or should I say I) buy for the status of owning a Mac. I also see the Mac purchase as an investment. Look at what iPhone v1 was selling for when the 3G's came out. Apple's core customer is high end buyers. When you devalue your product you lose that high end customer. You also open the door to another high end seller coming into the market and taking your high end businesss.

Take today for instance. When Steve announces a new line of cheaper laptops. You then begin to see a loss of status for Apple products. Would the high end buyer buy a Ferrari if the pool boy could also buy one? Heck no! Also the 1200.00 MacBook is stripped down about as far as a computer can go. What configuration could they possibly sell cheaper that anyone would even want.

I think Apple should have either allowed their OS to be place on cheaper computers of another brand. Or rebranded the line of cheaper offerings (iPhone's, MacBooks and so forth) to something other than the Apple brand. I know this sounds vain, selfish and elitest but I am not liking all this devaluation at Apple at all. I'm sorry but those are my views. Mark

wow. so I guess you're pissed that I own one, I don't make much money but I bought mine for the "early upgrade" price of $499. Oh, I also bought my 17 year old sister one too, and she doesn't even have a job. Guess you should sell yours now, you don't want to be like the poor people do you?

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
wow. so I guess you're pissed that I own one, I don't make much money but I bought mine for the "early upgrade" price of $499. Oh, I also bought my 17 year old sister one too, and she doesn't even have a job. Guess you should sell yours now, you don't want to be like the poor people do you?
Sir or Ma'am,
I am not downing anyone for their status in life. I am merely saying. I do not like seeing my "high priced toys" devalued by price drops and availability to the masses. I am sorry that you took offense to my comments as none was intended. Mark

BTW: Being rich is not a crime. Being rich is the pay off for having goals, reaching those goals, never taking no for an answer and working your butt off to be where you want to be...M

miggs1310

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
Sir or Ma'am,
I am not downing anyone for their status in life. I am merely saying. I do not like seeing my "high priced toys" devalued by price drops and availability to the masses. I am sorry that you took offense to my comments as none was intended. Mark

BTW: Being rich is not a crime. Being rich is the pay off for having goals, reaching those goals, never taking no for an answer and working your butt off to be where you want to be...M

if you're calling $199-299 a "high priced toy", then i think you should re-think your "swagger".

i wonder what your idea of rich is anyways, hmm.......:laugh2:

oh, and I wasn't offended. i think it's funny that people are actually getting butt-hurt because their "expensive toy" is being sold at wal-mart.

something tells me you wear a bluetooth.......and not just in your car

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
if you're calling $199-299 a "high priced toy", then i think you should re-think your "swagger".

i wonder what your idea of rich is anyways, hmm.......:laugh2:

oh, and I wasn't offended. i think it's funny that people are actually getting butt-hurt because their "expensive toy" is being sold at wal-mart.

something tells me you wear a bluetooth.......and not just in your car
I bought the 600.00 version of the iPhone not the 199.00. Also I was speaking of Apple's high priced entire line up not just the iPhone. My idea of rich is when you no longer have to ask how much is. Just utter the words I'll take it. Mark

miggs1310

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
I bought the 600.00 version of the iPhone not the 199.00. Also I was speaking of Apple's high priced entire line up not just the iPhone. My idea of rich is when you no longer have to ask how much is. Just utter the words I'll take it. Mark

haha, look out the window.....:laugh2:

Status
Not open for further replies.