OMG I'm So Pissed Off

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
okay, i was at work today and i noticed that my bill was a lil more than i expected.. so then i made the biggest mistake of my life by calling ATT

first off. it was like almost 5 mins until i got a hang of a customer rep.
the first rep didn't allow me to step any deeper into my account because it wasn't under my name (WTF) billing address was under mine, but only the account holder was under some girl's name... so she and i argued for like 3 mins, and i tried to tell her it is my account i can give her my social security number or any secret questions there are in the account. But then she woulnt allow me, so she put me on hold for like 5 mins to get some suggestion from the upper management.
so i hung up (on accident due the huge hang up button on the screen ive been trying to avoid touching)

so i called again, but this time this one nice lady let me have access into my account, but then told me that there was some other mistake on there, Apple mistake for putting 2 names into one account. and then i asked her what the name was and it was MARIAM something and i was like : WHAT ive never heard of it. and i asked her to change the name for me.
but then guess what. she put me on hold to a tech support of att, talk with him for another 10 mins before he transfered me to APPLE STORE because he said att has nothing to do with this. So then this nice gentleman at the Apple store said he couldnt do anything to help me, so they put me on hold for another 5 mins so they could call att and ask what the problem was.
10 mins later, no one come up any idea, so then he transfered me back to att to a tech support. and this lady simply said " well, what i need you to do is you must go to att store around your house, bring your id and let them get rid of the other name for you"

so i was on the phone for almost 1 hour, with 7 people i talked with... just for a conclusion of going back to the att store in person..

my only goal was to ask about the prices.. and then it got worse and worse so now i must go to the store and get rid of a name ive never heard of sitting in my account as an account holder.
WOW APPLE. im very impressed with your activation process.

:mad:

okay, i was at work today and i noticed that my bill was a lil more than i expected.. so then i made the biggest mistake of my life by calling ATT

first off. it was like almost 5 mins until i got a hang of a customer rep.
the first rep didn't allow me to step any deeper into my account because it wasn't under my name (WTF) billing address was under mine, but only the account holder was under some girl's name... so she and i argued for like 3 mins, and i tried to tell her it is my account i can give her my social security number or any secret questions there are in the account. But then she woulnt allow me, so she put me on hold for like 5 mins to get some suggestion from the upper management.
so i hung up (on accident due the huge hang up button on the screen ive been trying to avoid touching)

so i called again, but this time this one nice lady let me have access into my account, but then told me that there was some other mistake on there, Apple mistake for putting 2 names into one account. and then i asked her what the name was and it was MARIAM something and i was like : WHAT ive never heard of it. and i asked her to change the name for me.
but then guess what. she put me on hold to a tech support of att, talk with him for another 10 mins before he transfered me to APPLE STORE because he said att has nothing to do with this. So then this nice gentleman at the Apple store said he couldnt do anything to help me, so they put me on hold for another 5 mins so they could call att and ask what the problem was.
10 mins later, no one come up any idea, so then he transfered me back to att to a tech support. and this lady simply said " well, what i need you to do is you must go to att store around your house, bring your id and let them get rid of the other name for you"

so i was on the phone for almost 1 hour, with 7 people i talked with... just for a conclusion of going back to the att store in person..

my only goal was to ask about the prices.. and then it got worse and worse so now i must go to the store and get rid of a name ive never heard of sitting in my account as an account holder.
WOW APPLE. im very impressed with your activation process.

:mad:
2 weeks before I bought my iPhone I ordered a v3xx from AT&T. I was told I could call the next day for a tracking #... long story short, I cancelled my order a week later because it still hadn't shipped. I called them every day during that week, sometimes multiple times each day... before work, during my hour lunch break, after work. I talked to supervisors, senior reps, fraud department. Yes, fraud. For some reason asking them to ship the phone to my businesss address (where I am during the day 5 days a week and sometimes Saturday) set off some sort of red flag because it wasn't the same as my billing address. Then I was lied to and told the v3xx was backordered (it wasn't). Then I was told it was still in fraud because they didn't properly close it out.

I talked to about 20 different people by the time it was all said and done. I ended up canceling the order and buying an iPhone a week later. I really wish I didn't have to be with AT&T, but I wanted an iPhone so what choice do I have (at least for now). So yeah, AT&T fucking sucks and if AT&T was an actual human being I'd punch him/her in the damn face.

Not that I'm angry or anything, at least now that I have my sweet sweet iPhone.

Oh yeah, and when I got my iPhone it said I had to go in store for a credit pre-approval. I have no idea why, maybe because they still had my social security # flagged as fraud. I got approved for a $0 deposit so I know it wasn't anything to do with my credit. It took an hour though because the girl at the store didn't know what the hell she was doing.

I'd rather have teeth pulled with a pair of pliers and no novacain than have to deal with AT&T directly.

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
lol. sorry to hear that, but thats way more complicated than my case.
but whats a v3xx? motarola razor 3?

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
I didn't even bother reading through either of your posts but I know what you guys are talking about when it comes to ATT. All I will say is the customer service employees are HORRIBLE and the ATT store employees only care about you to the point that they make a comission off you. They don't know crap.

Jeremiah

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Maryland
Wow thats gotta suck. I really don't like costumer reps. They never know anything. I was talking to one from direct tv the other day, and all he was doing is taking the keywords from what I was saying and typing them in on his computer. Then he was like holdon let me read this. They never know anything it makes me so mad. Its ever worse when I can't understand their langauge.

Now usually when I have a problem I go to store if there is one near me.

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
in AT&T's defense i had a pretty pleasurable experience with them when it came to paying my bill...

I called them up to see why it was so expensive the lady explained to me that it was because i was a new customer and i needed to pay an activation fee and I went over my text messages because they divided the 3 days of service into this that and the other thing long story short she ended up taking the text messaging fees off the account because i wasn't told how it was gunna work out since i signed my att contract on the 29th and they have to bill me for those three day so they have to divide the minutes in my plan by the number of days i use the minutes which in this case was 3 which i would get only about 66 minutes....but it was all figured out and i got off the phone very pleased with the way the lady handled the situation and very happy with att customer service in general no wait time at all..

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Wow thats gotta suck. I really don't like costumer reps. They never know anything. I was talking to one from direct tv the other day, and all he was doing is taking the keywords from what I was saying and typing them in on his computer. Then he was like holdon let me read this. They never know anything it makes me so mad. Its ever worse when I can't understand their langauge.

Now usually when I have a problem I go to store if there is one near me.

LOL
that sucks dude, now when i get off from work im gonna have to march into an att store and get rid of that name.
:mad: what a hassel