OMG! Just read this on YAHOO!

H

Hayesimus

TOKYO - A homeless woman who sneaked into a man's house and lived undetected in his closet for a year was arrested in Japan after he became suspicious when food mysteriously began disappearing.

Police found the 58-year-old woman Thursday hiding in the top compartment of the man's closet and arrested her for trespassing, police spokesman Hiroki Itakura from southern Kasuya town said Friday.
The resident of the home installed security cameras that transmitted images to his mobile phone after becoming puzzled by food disappearing from his kitchen over the past several months.
One of the cameras captured someone moving inside his home Thursday after he had left, and he called police believing it was a burglar. However, when they arrived they found the door locked and all windows closed.
"We searched the house ... checking everywhere someone could possibly hide," Itakura said. "When we slid open the shelf closet, there she was, nervously curled up on her side."
The woman told police she had no place to live and first sneaked into the man's house about a year ago when he left it unlocked.
She had moved a mattress into the small closet space and even took showers, Itakura said, calling the woman "neat and clean."

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
I heard somewhere that homeless people have no shelter. Who knows what you would do in her situation.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Kind of freaky to think someone could be in your house for a year and not know it. Got to be very neat and quiet. I realize she probably wasn't there when he was but still........

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
WOW! I'd be funny if one night the closet just collasped lol! And when discover she had a king sized bed, a laptop, LCD TV, bathroom, and a MySpace account while living up their LMAO!

H

Hayesimus

Yeah her myspace ID could be like Girlofyourcloset LOL. I just can't imagine how she went undetected for a YEAR! I mean does the dude not EVER go to his closet?!? lol

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Yeah that is weird, he should have heard atleast a creek, or a snore, fart, sneeze, burp, tossing and turning, my theory is that this guy has really bad hearing, or just naive and ignore the sounds Lol!

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I wonder if he has kids and they kept hearing noises in the closet and they thought they were monsters!
DAD: "Go to bed kid, there's no one in that closet".
After the discovery,
KID: "Told ya so!"

H

Hayesimus

HAHAHA... if i opened the closet and saw an oriental girl in there... I'D PEE MY PANTS! Especially if she started making that throat/clicking noise that the girl made in The Grudge. Know which one i'm talking about!? lol

H

Hayesimus

yeah just remember that the next time you hear a faintest of noises in your house. It is probably the lady in the closet...

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I first thought of the Grudge when reading that. How does someone live in your house for a year undetected? Actually, I might not have noticed either.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Wow, now that's creepy. I'll have to check our new house for homeless people in the closets...

- John

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
That honestly freaks me out like crazy! I think I have a paranoia where I think there's someone in my house when I'm alone, or ill feel like someone's watching me when I'm alone but to think someone could be living in my house without even knowing it is just scary.