OMG! Lost my iPhone 4, considering getting Samsung Infuse

Yankeem0mo33

Bronze
Jun 28, 2010
Crap! I lost my iPhone. Its was my freaking lifeline! I went to the store today and played w/ the Samsung Infuse by At&t and Holy crap thats a cool phone. I've had my iPhone 4 since launch and I loved that thing, but after checking out this phone and reading Cnet's jocking reviews im a bit torn. What do you guys think? Use my upgrade and get the infuse...at least until i5 or stay loyal and get another iPhone 4....perhaps the white. PLEASE HELP!

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
Depends how much money you've spent on apps... I've spent way too much on iOS apps to ever move to Android.

The phone does look nice, but I've heard a lot of people state that after the initial "fun" of getting a new phone wears off, they miss the UI of the iPhone. A lot.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Pettythief

Bronze
Jan 24, 2011
Don't let a bunch of nerds decide your fate. Make up your own mind. That is the freedom of choice.

Booyow1204

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2010
Las Vegas
I second that, the "Honeymoon phase" causes some to switch handsets and even carriers. After you carry the phone for awhile you'll really know how you feel about it.

Then when the new iPhone/Android comes out your eyes are probably gonna glisten for it just because it's the newest thing.

If you go for Android, Samsung, Apple or AT&T just choose what you like....but do not buy on impulse, really check it out weigh your options first.

gmg69

Nov 21, 2007
I was kinda in the same boat as you when I went to the AT& T store. I've been an iPhone user since day one with the first gen. No doubt about it...apple makes nice products, including the iPhone. I went all the way to iPhone 4. But something that always bugged me about the iPhone is it's closed platform. I feel a little constricted when I feel like branching out a bit with it. It lacks so many features that Android now has. I too passed by the Infuse and was like "wow". So I bought it...took the plunge, gave my iPhone 4 to my daughter. I'm a PC guy anyway at home and work. I hated iTunes and how it synced all your data and apps. I've had more friends lose their data and contacts because iTunes wasn't clear enough on which button to choose. But....so far so good. I love this thing. Its big yet thin...awesome screen. And I'm really liking the Android UI so far. Will I miss my iPhone? Maybe. But 4 generations of iPhones later...it was time for a change... away from Apple. Hope this helps.

Jun 26, 2011
Don't let a bunch of nerds decide your fate. Make up your own mind. That is the freedom of choice.
We aren't deciding for him, we give opinions of why he should/shouldn't buy the iPhone 4.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Is the Samsung SGS2 coming to your carrier? It's Samsung's flagship phone; Exynos dual core, sAMOLED+, 1GB of very fast RAM.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Sep 6, 2010
Is the Samsung SGS2 coming to your carrier? It's Samsung's flagship phone; Exynos dual core, sAMOLED+, 1GB of very fast RAM.

Definitely the one that I'm waiting for. Now that the Galaxy Tab 10.1 has been released, I don't think it will be too much longer until the Galaxy S2 comes out.

KoukiFC3S

Bronze
Apr 7, 2010
Get a used phone until the iPhone 5 comes out, then decide.

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
Or get a refurb 3GS for 19.99, then sell it when the ip5 comes out.

Sep 6, 2010
Or get a refurb 3GS for 19.99, then sell it when the ip5 comes out.
This would lock the OP into a two year contact, and ineligible for upgraded pricing on the iPhone 5 when it comes out.

Hillbilly

Bronze
Feb 9, 2011
Stay with iPhone if you don't have an IT shop in your pocket.

Edge1978

Bronze
Feb 7, 2009
I have strayed from the iPhone a few times only to come back to the iPhone. No more straying for me. But to each to their own.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Real wise advice. Or get a phone that is almost equal to iPhone in terms of smoothness, maybe WP7 phones. Those are lovely.
You can run a pseudo-WP7 UI on Android.

uploadfromtaptalk1310501422627.png

May 4, 2011
If You are nerd that is OK, but you can not call us all like that. About phones i think that U should get Samsung and U will see that U will never try another phone OS again!

grak

Jul 13, 2011
oh nooo...I got the new iPhone....its very good.....you should get an iPhone again.