OMG! Lost my iPhone 4, considering getting Samsung Infuse

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Why would anyone want too?
This thread is about someone considering the Infuse, an Android phone but the last post/s recommended WP7.

Personally I think recommending a platform should come from significant experience beyond, say play time with the display unit at a store. These things aren't cheap after all. Not saying that this is the context of that recommendation. Maybe we can get better, detailed advocacy about the merits and shortcomings of WP7.

Anyway, if the OP is actually considering WP7 over the Infuse then it might be helpful that you can have the WP7 look on the Infuse giving it that UI while accessing the strengths of Android.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

goobs22xx

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
I was an iPhone user since Aug 07 (almost at launch) and made the switch to the Samsung Droid Charge due to wanting to be on VZN's 4G and have unlimited. I was on AT&T before, so the only way to get both would be to get a 4G phone out of the gate.

I'm pretty impressed. The phone is snappy, screen is gorgeous. Lots of neat things that iOS keeps you locked out of. A lot of apps aren't nearly as polished as what you get on the iPhone. For me, I'm a gmail user that really only made heavy use of my email, calendar, browser, and Pandora. The Charge does gmail/calendar better than the iPhone and Pandora is roughly the same. Despite having several aftermarket browsers, they all have nothing on Safari on the iPhone. The iPhone also has the best touch screen response on the market and it isn't even close. My Droid isn't that big of a step down, but it does respond differently, and that could be a big hang up for you. I pick up my wife's iPhone from time to time and it still amazes me. If you're someone who has to have the latest and greatest, an Android phone might not be for you. The fragmented nature of the different manufacturers makes staying current with OS updates pretty sketchy. Like I said before, I'm a pretty light user and I appreciate stability above all else, so this aspect was not a big sacrifice for me.

I love my phone, but I loved my iPhone, too. They offer different pros and different cons. Don't make a decision based on either impulse or fanboy-ism from others. Both platforms offer a lot, which should be evident based on their respective market shares. Start with being honest with yourself. Try to really narrow down what you truly want in a phone and get one that aligns with your desired usage.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Could not agree more about figuring out how you intend to use a smartphone and learning how the two platforms match up to these needs.

@goobs22xx, have you tried either Dolphin HD or Dolphin Mini? The first for numerous plug-in enhancements such as converting webpages to PDF, the second for speed of use.

Can you compare the 4.3 sAMOLED screen to the retina on the iPhone 4. I think the SGS2 will be the first such unit available in Canada. Also how's the battery on your stock unit?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I do miss the super amoled screen that I had on my old Samsung Fascinate.

goobs22xx

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
I do miss the super amoled screen that I had on my old Samsung Fascinate.
When my wife first looked at my Charge she exclaimed "look at those colors!"

When I first looked at her iPhone 4, I exclaimed "look at that definition!"

They're both great, albeit in two entirely different ways.