OMG! My first iPhone problem!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mrmacbook

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
:mad:

I am a huge Apple computer nerd. I have been using macs and ipods for years. I have been a staunch supporter of the iPhone always citing that mine has worked flawlessly.

I was outside a courthouse this morning before reporting for jury duty. I was just siting outside listening to Johnny Cash's Live from Folsom Prison album and it just popped. The screen went out. I tried to turn it back on. Nothing. :( I just thought, "Hmph, I haven't charged it in a while.".

I charged my iPhone on the way home using a car charger. Nothing. It just got hot. I came home and put it in the charger that came with the phone. Nothing.

I love this device so much. Being without it is like not being able to use my right arm. I love Apple and I know this will get resolved in a timely manner.

I'm off to the Apple Store.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
Looks like Apple will have to replaced it. That's too bad but not the end of the world. Question is will they replace it on the spot? Let us know what happens.

mrmacbook

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
It was a quick fix. I was actually kind of embarrassed. He said that it "froze in the off setting". He did a hard reset by pressing the power (on / sleep) button and the home button at the same time.

It works fine now. He only suggested that I do a hard reset as a "last resort" to any problems with the phone.

He also encouraged to keep up with any updates.

:laugh2:

mrmacbook

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I just had a thought maybe because I leave it on all the time, I had a problem. I am going to start turning if off when I go to sleep. That will probably make a difference.

webb

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Southern NJ, USA
I just had a thought maybe because I leave it on all the time, I had a problem. I am going to start turning if off when I go to sleep. That will probably make a difference.
I turn my phone off every night when I sleep. My logic is based on the fact that everyone in my contact list, barring a few on the west coast, are all located here on the east coast. When I'm sleeping, it stands to reason that they probably are too and hence so should my precious....er, I mean my iPhone.

My phone is the coveted 5 series screen and have had it since inception with no bugs, glitches or problems.

FWIW,

Fred

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
It was a quick fix. I was actually kind of embarrassed. He said that it "froze in the off setting". He did a hard reset by pressing the power (on / sleep) button and the home button at the same time.

It works fine now. He only suggested that I do a hard reset as a "last resort" to any problems with the phone.

He also encouraged to keep up with any updates.

:laugh2:
I found this thread too late otherwise I could have saved you a trip to the Apple store... I had the same thing happen to me recently. My phone just went dark and no matter what I did I couldn't wake it up. I eventually had the idea of doing the reset and it worked. Whew! That can freak a guy out.

mrmacbook

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I turn my phone off every night when I sleep. My logic is based on the fact that everyone in my contact list, barring a few on the west coast, are all located here on the east coast. When I'm sleeping, it stands to reason that they probably are too and hence so should my precious....er, I mean my iPhone.

My phone is the coveted 5 series screen and have had it since inception with no bugs, glitches or problems.

FWIW,

Fred
Mine is a series five too. This is the only problem that I've ever had.

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007

FWIW,

Fred
coveted 5? LOL are you kidding me? the 7 is the better LCD hands down